How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2014, 05:51 AM

Default Iz ada ii/ pt hdx

Hi All

Has anybody ever tried, successfully to use an ADA II with a HDX system? No one seems to know. I've tried IZ themselves but they can only say they cant see why it shouldn't work. Any knowledge would be a big help.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Iz ada ii/ pt hdx

Hi, I set up an HDX system with an ADA-I converter two days ago and was successful.

PT|HD11 with HDX card
iZ Corp ADA-I converter
Apogee Rosetta 800 with xHD card

Both converters needed a firmware upgrade, the Apogee firmware for the xHD card was easy to find and upgrade, the ADA firmware for their HD card was more difficult. Get in touch with iZ Corp tech support, ask how to get the firmware, they can point you in the right direction.

The ADA shows up as 2 192 I/O's in Hardware Setup.

It was a little fiddly, but it all does work, client is now running sessions without issue. I know it's best not to assume things, but if an ADA-I works the ADA-II will.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Iz ada ii/ pt hdx

That's good to know it can work.

On a similar point, has anyone tried an iZ ADA alongside a 192 Digital or HD Digital interface? I'm looking for the best clocking regime. ADA needs to be the master for best A to D sound quality, but getting the Avid Digital interface to lock to the ADA isn't straightforward - the 192 seems to expect something to be the 'loop master', which the ADA doesn't offer.

I've been using the ADA on internal clock, feeding it's word clock output into the 192 Digital and then asking Pro Tools to sync the w/c on the 192. Sort of works, but it's seems to be a bit hit and miss… Usually have to toggle sync a few times before it settles. Anyone know a better way? Is the new HD Digital interface more stable than the 192?

Thanks for any wisdom shared.

Martin.

PT Ultimate 2023.9, Mac Pro 12-core 7.1, 224Gb RAM, Monterey 12.6.8 or Ventura 13.6.1, HDX card with Avid HD interfaces.