Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Falcon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I bit the bullet and got F-2 tonight. I went through Sweetwater so I could do the 3 payment plan to make it easier on the budget. The process was painless. My agent took the order over the phone, made sure I had the two libraries I wanted. UVI's Portal app makes authorizing and downloading too easy - why can't other developers make it that easy?????

But the real kicker was getting the thank you email from UVI with a $100 voucher to spend on ANY of their Soundware items. My head is spinning! So basically, for around $265 (with tax) you get about $550 worth of stuff, including one of the most versatile and powerful VI's out there! Not bad...not bad at all!!!!

Even IF Avid made F-2 available to users, I seriiously doubt it would come with the full F-2 library, plus the other bonuses. We didn't get the Falcon library with the original plan, just a special PlugSound version. Which was nice, but not quite the same.

All in all....its going to be a fun weekend. I'm ALONE...family gone elsewhere...what to do..oh, what to do!!!!!
Glad you got it. You were charged tax? I wasn't - remember I went direct with UVI.

I think you're mistaken on one thing - yes we got a Plugsound library but we also got the full regular Falcon library from Avid. Those are two different libraries.

QAPLA!
Old 10-25-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Glad you got it. You were charged tax? I wasn't - remember I went direct with UVI.

I think you're mistaken on one thing - yes we got a Plugsound library but we also got the full regular Falcon library from Avid. Those are two different libraries.

Well, for some reason, my Avid version of Falcon would not let me access the Falcon library. I'd get a little pop up window telling it wasn't authorized, and there wasn't any way I could see to authorize it. I guess its moot now, though.

Old 10-26-2019, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Well, for some reason, my Avid version of Falcon would not let me access the Falcon library. I'd get a little pop up window telling it wasn't authorized, and there wasn't any way I could see to authorize it. I guess its moot now, though.
That's interesting. I know you say it's moot now for you but this might help someone else who has the problem. You downloaded the Falcon library from your Avid account right? That's how I downloaded mine and was able to access it no problem. It's supposed to authorize as part of the same iLok license asset as Falcon itself. You did authorize Falcon in ILM right?

I looked at my purchase invoice/email and, like I said I purchased F2 direct through UVI, I just paid a straight $244 which got me the two free expansions and the $100 voucher. I spent my voucher on the Steinway D and Synergy. For expansions I got Ether Fields and Devenity.

QAPLA!
Old 10-26-2019, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's interesting. I know you say it's moot now for you but this might help someone else who has the problem. You downloaded the Falcon library from your Avid account right? That's how I downloaded mine and was able to access it no problem. It's supposed to authorize as part of the same iLok license asset as Falcon itself. You did authorize Falcon in ILM right?

I looked at my purchase invoice/email and, like I said I purchased F2 direct through UVI, I just paid a straight $244 which got me the two free expansions and the $100 voucher. I spent my voucher on the Steinway D and Synergy. For expansions I got Ether Fields and Devenity.

Yes, I did all that with iLok. I bought my F2 through Sweetwater, so, my only additional cost was the sales tax (I'm in the same state as them). Otherwise, I got the 2 expansions, Spectre and Cinematic Shades. I already had Digital Synsations and Synths Anthology from a while back when UVI had some special offer on those. Until Falcon, I simply used the UVI Workstation for those libraries. I have yet to spend my voucher....TOO many options. Not sure what I want.

Old 10-26-2019, 02:30 PM

I bought Falcon 2 now from the UVI site with 2 expansions and i am happy with it cause for 244, i got 2 expansions and 3 activations through Ilok...
I know, Falcon 2 will be bundled with PT, but to have it now as AU, VST is great, cause its a great plugin... I did not get a 100 Voucher Code... Maybe i am to late for this offer...
Old 10-26-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
I bought Falcon 2 now from the UVI site with 2 expansions and i am happy with it cause for 244, i got 2 expansions and 3 activations through Ilok...
I know, Falcon 2 will be bundled with PT, but to have it now as AU, VST is great, cause its a great plugin... I did not get a 100 Voucher Code... Maybe i am to late for this offer...
We don't know if F2 will be in user accounts or not - there's been n concrete info one way or the other. The $100 voucher code comes in an email - make sure UVI has your correct email and said email is not getting shuffled off into a Spam bucket. The $100 voucher is open to anyone who buys Falcon. The $244 discount price is good through October 27th 2019. I seem to remember from past experience of others that the $100 voucher is open to anyone who buys Falcon whether at discount or full price any time of the year.

QAPLA!
Old 10-26-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post

It took a few hours before I got the email with the voucher. I'm sure you will get one. Its good for two months after you get it.

Old 10-27-2019, 04:23 AM

Just bought it.

Access to Avid plugsound Falcon factory, synsations, and new gorgeous add-ons.

100 Euro voucher received, not spent.

How is the UVI orchestral suite, anyone?

/FZZ
Old 10-31-2019, 04:29 AM

Now through November 4th String Machines 2 from UVI is on sale for $59 US.

QAPLA!
Old 11-06-2019, 02:00 PM

Take a look in your Avid Master Account friends - we now have Falcon 2 in there. Being I purchased F2 from UVI I have no need for this. Do understand that Falcon 2 is now at version 2.02 (at least from UVI it is).

QAPLA!
Closed Thread