Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2011, 03:54 PM

Default Re: HD1 PCIe Core Now Selling For 1800.00 Used

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmartin View Post
I'm not sure I know what you mean.

I'm looking at eBay completed listings too and I don't see them...

I could see how you could turn a profit if these were indeed selling for $1800 (legitimately). Fortunately, they're not. At least, that's not what I'm expecting to sell mine for (I have one for sale here on the DUC).

As long as people don't get sucked into some rumor on the interwebs that these are routinely selling for $1,800, they won't get screwed when they break down and sell theirs for $400-$500 less than what it's actually worth. Of course, that won't improve your profit margin. But you sound like you know what you're doing.

I'm not saying your motives for bringing the issue up here are in any way ulterior... I'm just sayin'...
Ok, keep up with the thread here, big guy. Deleted the last two, the last two auctions was I was watching on eBay.......

Before I get too deep into this, are you implying that I'm lying?

It took me 5 minutes to produce below. So here you go from the guy who is lying.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280767684354...84.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digidesign-A...#ht_555wt_1413

Now this guy is pricing his BIN for 1999.00. This is the first I've seen of this yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digidesign-P...ht_3796wt_1413

Oh, wait one more minute, here is another guy with the same price, but will entertain best offer? Hum?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Digides...ht_1498wt_1180

Now, I would highly suggest that you do your homework on a person before you start attacking them to see what they are really about. It's very easy to follow my threads around here.

For the record, I've bought over 20 HD systems, I think I know how it works.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 11-08-2011, 04:21 PM

This was a similar post I did just over a year ago, hum, how wrong was I then as well?

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=281249

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 11-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Ok, keep up with the thread here, big guy.
Nice. Ok, "big guy"... yes, you too can be a "big guy"!

Quote:
Deleted the last two, the last two auctions was I was watching on eBay.......
I still don't understand what you mean. I'm not an eBay expert like you seem to be, but how do you delete auctions you are watching, unless they are YOUR auctions?

Now for the rest of your post...

First off, if you were to read my last post, you would see that it was not my intention to accuse you of lying. I'm sorry if you feel it was. Clearly, you couldn't make it far enough to read the last sentence. I just couldn't find any of what you were talking about and I was seriously curious about it because I'm trying to sell one of those cards right now.

As for the first two links you posted...

The first one I did see a couple days ago when I first came across your thread. Maybe you didn't notice, but this closed at the price of $1,701 YESTERDAY. So, as I'm sure you realize, this was not what I saw when I looked TWO DAYS AGO. Do you understand my point? Are you "keeping up" with me here, big guy?

As for the second link, yes I DID see that one. In fact, that is the listing I was referring to as not including the software. Oh, yes, the listing TITLE does suggest that ProTools 9 is included with the purchase of the card... but if YOU did a little homework on it and got so far as to read the QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, you will learn that the seller IS NOT including the software license with the card. So again to my point... add another few hundred dollars for a software license, and we're now away from $1,800 territory. I referred to this directly in my initial response. Keep up with the thread, big guy...

Thanks for pointing out the other NEW listings. Again, how could they have been on my radar when I initially responded to your thread... or even yesterday when I responded a second time?

So settle down, big guy, because as someone who seems to make money off wheeling & dealing in used ProTools systems, you're now starting to resemble the line, "Methinks (s)he doth protest too much."
Old 11-08-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctmartin View Post
Nice. Ok, "big guy"... yes, you too can be a "big guy"!

I still don't understand what you mean. I'm not an eBay expert like you seem to be, but how do you delete auctions you are watching, unless they are YOUR auctions?

Now for the rest of your post...

First off, if you were to read my last post, you would see that it was not my intention to accuse you of lying. I'm sorry if you feel it was. Clearly, you couldn't make it far enough to read the last sentence. I just couldn't find any of what you were talking about and I was seriously curious about it because I'm trying to sell one of those cards right now.

As for the first two links you posted...

The first one I did see a couple days ago when I first came across your thread. Maybe you didn't notice, but this closed at the price of $1,701 YESTERDAY. So, as I'm sure you realize, this was not what I saw when I looked TWO DAYS AGO. Do you understand my point? Are you "keeping up" with me here, big guy?

As for the second link, yes I DID see that one. In fact, that is the listing I was referring to as not including the software. Oh, yes, the listing TITLE does suggest that ProTools 9 is included with the purchase of the card... but if YOU did a little homework on it and got so far as to read the QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, you will learn that the seller IS NOT including the software license with the card. So again to my point... add another few hundred dollars for a software license, and we're now away from $1,800 territory. I referred to this directly in my initial response. Keep up with the thread, big guy...

Thanks for pointing out the other NEW listings. Again, how could they have been on my radar when I initially responded to your thread... or even yesterday when I responded a second time?

So settle down, big guy, because as someone who seems to make money off wheeling & dealing in used ProTools systems, you're now starting to resemble the line, "Methinks (s)he doth protest too much."
eBay 101, you can unwatch any of the auctions that you are watching at any time.

Once an Auction that you are watching has ended, you can choose to delete that from your watch que. I like many don't want my que flooded down with auctions that have ended. So those are deleted, once deleted you can't get them back.

The two I was referring to we're already deleted, so I could not provide you with a link.

Is that clear enough at this point.

What you have to ask yourself is, am I right or wrong on the pricing? We can play games back and forth, when, what, where, or why, but what do the facts reveal? Did I say every card is or will sell for 1800, no, NO, NO, NO, I didn't. I simply stated where the trend is as of the posts.

Look at the other thread that I have a link to in this thread, and take note I was right then as well. Now I can not share this, but the goal is to help. There are many Native/LE users who will love to hear this. I'm sorry if it means that you may loose money in the sale of yours.

Now, I highly suggest that you go back and read your post and see if you can understand why you pushed my buttons. Please with some humility. I've been known to appologize in this forum.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:10 PM

Thanks for that info. I can understand how you felt, and I'm sorry if I came off that way. I was more curious about where these absurdly low listings were coming from... whether it was from a place of legitimate pricing, or price manipulation. I just think it's all too easy in a destabilized market (like now, with the announcement of HDX, etc.) to take advantage of that instability and lowball the hell out of people. Again, not directed at you.

And yes, you are right about the pricing. Sucks for me, but yes, you're right.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:19 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280767684354...84.m1438.l2649

Sold for 1700 and from a very reputable eBay seller who contributes on the DUC regularly.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:42 AM

Barry and others, I posted this in another post but I wanted to get you guys thoughts. Thanks.

I was just about to get an HD system (now that I can afford it). But when HDX came out, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!! but then I starting thinking.......my motherboard has 2 pci slots and 2 pcie slots. hmmmmm. So What I am planning to do is get an Hd1 system off ebay. I can buy the card separate, brand new interface in the box cheap and pick up a HD8 license for around $100. My issue is that chances are the card will already be registered so how will I upgrade? And there are some complete system for $1799 but if I buy piece by piece, I can get it cheaper ($600 interface, $700 core card and HD8 $130) for a total of $1430. It will last for at least 3-5 more years and I can easily add on one of the newer interfaces. Plugins can be had for cheap and I can pick up accel cards at will as well as a magama pci to pci to add more cards. So for less than the price of an apogee ensemble or rme ufx, I can have a TDM system that I could still run in native mode as well as use it with cubase. Am I on the right track guys? Your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccarson View Post
Barry and others, I posted this in another post but I wanted to get you guys thoughts. Thanks.

I was just about to get an HD system (now that I can afford it). But when HDX came out, I was like NOOOOOOOOO!!!! but then I starting thinking.......my motherboard has 2 pci slots and 2 pcie slots. hmmmmm. So What I am planning to do is get an Hd1 system off ebay. I can buy the card separate, brand new interface in the box cheap and pick up a HD8 license for around $100. My issue is that chances are the card will already be registered so how will I upgrade? And there are some complete system for $1799 but if I buy piece by piece, I can get it cheaper ($600 interface, $700 core card and HD8 $130) for a total of $1430. It will last for at least 3-5 more years and I can easily add on one of the newer interfaces. Plugins can be had for cheap and I can pick up accel cards at will as well as a magama pci to pci to add more cards. So for less than the price of an apogee ensemble or rme ufx, I can have a TDM system that I could still run in native mode as well as use it with cubase. Am I on the right track guys? Your thoughts and thanks in advance!
Only buy cards that come with a Transfer of Ownership (Dealbreaker). This way you can register the cards and those cards will be available to be used for any future upgrade.

Verify your computer will work with PTHD, this is also critical. There are many guys in the Windows HD forum who can help you with this.

Your HD Core card does not need to be Accel, but your 2nd card should be. It's worth the extra price, as you'll get more processing power and be able to run Accel only TDM Plugins.

If your computer is qualified/works with PTHD, then jump in.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:23 PM

My PC was built off of specs listed in the DIY sticky for PT so I am good to go. But I am thinking of waiting until after NAMM to see if prices go down. PCIe seems to be dropping but not PCI. I believe once HDX cards start selling the price will drop. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccarson View Post
My PC was built off of specs listed in the DIY sticky for PT so I am good to go. But I am thinking of waiting until after NAMM to see if prices go down. PCIe seems to be dropping but not PCI. I believe once HDX cards start selling the price will drop. Thanks for your help.
Good luck, you seem to be in a good place.