Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2021, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Any Carbon users who were using UAD Apollo before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhartman View Post
Thank you Kyle, that's great to know. For a person in a home studio like myself, cutting some vocals and say, acoustic guitar, this sounds perfect. I've had UAD systems, and lately have been using the top end Steinberg AXR converter...which sounds simply insane-but in both cases you are saddled with more software to click band forth to.

This would be like have your own personal mini HDX system

Very interested!

TH
Thats exactly what I do record mostly acoustic guitar and vocals as well as sometimes electric guitar for leads, and sometimes adding a VI or two for strings or piano FX etc.

And I would say it is in fact a mini HDX system without having to additionally house an HDX card

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 04-03-2021, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedLiquid View Post
I have been using the Apollo for a few years. This is just my opinion. But, I felt like it was a huge money pit. The plugs are expensive. What drove me nuts and still does is all of their plugs show up in your DAW and if you go into your folder and delete the ones you dont want, they just come back after you update them again. So when you are in the middle of a mix you have to scroll through that entire list of stuff you dont own to find the stuff you do own.
This doesn't solve the menu clutter but you might find you can speed your workflow using plugin search instead of scanning the menus. Click an insert slot in the mix or edit window and begin typing the name of the plugin you're after. This is one of the killer features in Pro Tools that doesn't get enough attention! Also be aware that any plugins in your list of favourites will be returned at the top of your search results.
Old 04-03-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
This doesn't solve the menu clutter but you might find you can speed your workflow using plugin search instead of scanning the menus. Click an insert slot in the mix or edit window and begin typing the name of the plugin you're after. This is one of the killer features in Pro Tools that doesn't get enough attention! Also be aware that any plugins in your list of favourites will be returned at the top of your search results.
Great idea. Thank you.