Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2017, 01:18 AM

Default Sync I/O MTC not muting when stopped

I'm trying to figure out why this is happening. I've usually used the SYNC to lock LTC to a tape deck when needed, never had any issues in years. Recently I decided I would utilize the MTC output to sync another DAW. No problems there.... except when I stop playback... the MTC clock jitters about around the last beat, it's not a deal breaker, just annoying to have to mute those stems until playback restarts. I'm running PT 9.0.6HD on OSX 10.7.5, and I have "idle MTC" checked in the perhiperals/synchronizer settings page but it doesn't seem to have any affect.

Maybe I've missed something somewhere, or there is some bug regarding sync I/O's MTC output that was never resolved??

Last edited by skylab001; 06-24-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Sync I/O MTC not muting when stopped

Apparently the "idle MTC" box when unchecked actually does the trick. So it seems to work the opposite as to how I thought it would. Maybe user error, maybe a bug. Either way I figured I'd post a follow up and say everything works great with the box Unchecked.