Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2014, 02:07 PM

Default ADX VVC (not to be confused with Slate VCC)

Checked on the AAX thread here: http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=469

Saw the "vocal isolation" plug, ADX Vocal Volume Control:
http://audionamix.com/technology/vvc-plugin/

Whoah, slick site. Looked for actual in-use examples, found this:
. Altogether I'd say that it achieved excellent results.

Checked another link:

Ok, so they have excellent video production, and whoever they hired has some skills in After Effects. Could this be the mashup holy grail? This isn't the sort of production I do, but if what I have seen here is for real, this is a big change for DJs around the world. Back when I was doing the DJ thing, I would always seek out the vinyl singles hat had the a capella and instrumental on the B-side. If this tech works like it says it does, anyone can pull an instrumental or a capella out of a track. This is incredible for anyone doing mashups, sampling, and/or remixes. This also opens the door to a flood of copyright suits.

I feel like I'm putting my luddite hat on, how is something like this even possible? Can we really pull the eggs out of a cake now? My clientele will be furious if they hear about this and find out I don't have it.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:21 PM

Default Re: ADX VVC (not to be confused with Slate VCC)

interesting, you can hear the AT on the vocal

tech's getting better all the time, when people start asking for it add a 0 to the right side of your rates

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-13-2014, 02:27 PM

This might be due to long hours with a Superstar young boyband but I don't really get what this is good for in a recording environment but maybe it's not for studio producers and aimed at the post guys. If we want louder vocals or lower vocals we re-mix the song as this plugin seem to worsen the quality of the vocals on Arianas takes. We were there for a remix job after she recorded those vocals and i can definitely say they were NOT that bad.. Not even Close!

But as I said - Maybe i am missing the point of this plugin. Loos like stuff that Celemony does and probably does better.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2014, 04:08 PM

Chris: this is amazing because it allows everyone to be a remix artist.

Newest hit without Iggy? Done. Extract the vocals, add your instro underneath. Newest hit without the backing tracks? Done. take whatwever song and add your own singer.

MAJOR deal for deejays and remix artists. Not that their "hits" will sound good, but that's not for engineers to decide. Imagine if everyone could just take instrumentals willy-nilly and do a Bruno Mars thing with it. A little bit scary, a little bit exciting.