Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-02-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Vintech Pre's

Am I the only one who thinks your an A-hole for talking about preamps in the PT HD forum?

Go to another forum.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetLodge View Post
Am I the only one who thinks your an A-hole for talking about preamps in the PT HD forum?

Go to another forum.
Yup. You could be the only one.

No, but seriously, I get your point. However, many of us feel a good community here of trustworthy studio owners. So I personally don't mind forum posts like this in the Pro Tools HD forum (much better than gearslutz IMHO). Perhaps it would be more appropriate to put OT: before the subject. But if it bothers you so bad, then why bother even visiting and contibuting negatively to the thread. Let the moderator decide what to do with the off topic posts.
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 10-03-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Man, if this gets you riled up I'd hate to run into you on the 405 at rush-hour. your question certainly begs this question....
Am I the only one who thinks you are an A-hole for calling out a fellow HD'r who is simply seeking some equipment advice? ff
Old 10-03-2010, 01:06 PM

Yeah,
473 here too.
Great.
And I'm not an a-hole.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:01 PM

Maybe the webmaster can move this to the General Discussion section. BTW, the 473 is on my wish list

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-06-2010, 09:11 PM

Quote:

Go to another forum.
Its a real shame that this forum has over the years, deteriorated. I realize this is the PT HD forum, that was wht I put it here as there is a good chance of detailed and educated replys, for those who did....I thank you all very much. I tried a Vintech the other day, liked it very much and probably will go for 1 or perhaps 2.

I joined here in 2001 and have used Ptools since V4(1996 I believe). We all, back then helped eachother as it was seriously buggy and in development, so......Sunset........perhaps I used the wrong forum, however it is generally the people using the same gear as me who know the benefits and downfalls that I may encounter.

I am not saying that those who use an MBox dont have Avalon compressors, 25k worth of mics and pres like I do, but I would assume owning a pro studio and HD rig would up the chances of someone being able to answer my questions subjectively.

You should try helping and not waste time shooting at someone cause it really doesnt do anything but make you look like the , well you said it.

To all, thanks and do great things, I am sure you all are!!

AJ
Old 10-06-2010, 09:39 PM

Vintech is nice. It very nearly does Neve. You can't lose.

An Avedis MA5, on the other hand, outdoes Neve. I've been using these for a long time now and they're hands down the single greatest preamps I've used. And I wasn't kidding - it outdoes Neve for the classic Neve sound. Very few other things have boosted the quality of my productions as much. Even grandma will ask what you're doing differently.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:19 PM

Hi,

I tried the Vintech side by side with an AMS Neve 1073 and a vintage Neve 1073 when i was shopping for a neve.

I tought the vintech was sounding verry good but i prefered the vintage Neve by a good margin. I ended up buying 2 vintage 1084, verry nice units that were in a superb shape.

The only thing i did not like about the vintech was a loss of quality in the high end when engaging the eq switch (with the eq flat). Did some of you vintech users find the same thing? Or maybe i had a bad unit to test....

Anyway, the pre was great but i really felt in love with the vintage one, so i had to spill the beans...

Hope this helps.

Luc

Last edited by audioluche; 10-06-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: bad spelling