Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2012, 07:16 PM

Default Blk Lion Audio - Is it just me....

Or do you think this company has an anonymous "parent" company of sorts...

Something tells me there just a branch of an other popular company who

originally makes hardware...

I am looking into the filings now and something isn't right...

For one, the lack and or removal from the web of any negative feedback seems

fierce....and for a product of this nature this is not normal.

Any one else smell fish?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:45 PM

I smell money - black lion counting all that cash
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:06 PM

I had a HD modded 002 and really liked it. They have seemed to find a nice little niche market, and other than no published specs, I don't know what complaints people would have. They def seem legit. At least IMO. Would be interesting to see what you find though.

Fwiw there was talk on their FB of them making an interface. 32-bit and 384 kHz sampling rate capable. That kind of baffled me. How many people really use 192 kHz? Anyways they do seem to go overboard on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2012, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Blk Lion Audio - Is it just me....

I am not knocking the product but as far as complaints go, I have found incidences were articles were altered with some flimsy explanation. Point is no audio hardware much less an upgrade like this can only have positive feedback...I even found an incidence where this forum censored an negative opinion about the product.

I really smell conspiracy to keep things in the family...
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagechurch View Post
I am not knocking the product but as far as complaints go, I have found incidences were articles were altered with some flimsy explanation. Point is no audio hardware much less an upgrade like this can only have positive feedback...I even found an incidence where this forum censored an negative opinion about the product.

I really smell conspiracy to keep things in the family...
Sounds good go out and see what you find. If you are not back in 24 hours we will send Big Louie out to find you. If Big Louie comes back with nothing then we will know you must have gotten to close to the truth and more than likely you have been wasted by the BLA Team. Further proving your theory to be true.... Let us know when you are heading out so we can synchronize our watches.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:24 AM

Fwiw I did quite a bit of googling before I had my 002 upgraded, and participated in several discussions and shoot outs afterwards. I don't recollect anyone having issues. I'm sure there has been some unhappy customers, but show me a company that hasn't had at least a few.

The main problem people seem to have is finding actual specs of what the mods do. How does it improve S/N ratio, how much jitter does the new clock have, are they reclocking or replacing the stock clock? Things of those nature. I did notice a lot of people asking those questions and doubting hasn't heard one. And I'll admit in listening to tracks recorded through them it was hard to tell a difference. But I know I heard one, so my belief is that the biggest improvement is in the D/A. Be it digital or analog something in there gets cleaned up. Also some people that did get to compare side by side said there was less difference then they expected.

Anywho that's kind of OT. I will say I'd still have mine if PT9 hadn't allowed us to explore other options. But with what I have now I don't regret selling it at all either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip888 View Post
Sounds good go out and see what you find. If you are not back in 24 hours we will send Big Louie out to find you. If Big Louie comes back with nothing then we will know you must have gotten to close to the truth and more than likely you have been wasted by the BLA Team. Further proving your theory to be true.... Let us know when you are heading out so we can synchronize our watches.
LoL
Old 02-24-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
LoL
No Flame just having some fun. I starting reading this thread and this scene started running through my head. Good stuff.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Fwiw I did quite a bit of googling before I had my 002 upgraded, and participated in several discussions and shoot outs afterwards. I don't recollect anyone having issues. I'm sure there has been some unhappy customers, but show me a company that hasn't had at least a few.

The main problem people seem to have is finding actual specs of what the mods do. How does it improve S/N ratio, how much jitter does the new clock have, are they reclocking or replacing the stock clock? Things of those nature. I did notice a lot of people asking those questions and doubting hasn't heard one. And I'll admit in listening to tracks recorded through them it was hard to tell a difference. But I know I heard one, so my belief is that the biggest improvement is in the D/A. Be it digital or analog something in there gets cleaned up. Also some people that did get to compare side by side said there was less difference then they expected.

Anywho that's kind of OT. I will say I'd still have mine if PT9 hadn't allowed us to explore other options. But with what I have now I don't regret selling it at all either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which was bringing me to my next post...
I have been out of the loop and heard the new version of PT opened up to third party hardware....thank god.
Question for you, nice gear btw, will my Waves complete v8 run in PT 9 or 10?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Which was bringing me to my next post...
I have been out of the loop and heard the new version of PT opened up to third party hardware....thank god.
Question for you, nice gear btw, will my Waves complete v8 run in PT 9 or 10?
Waves v8 runs in PT 9 here no problems.