Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2014, 08:56 PM

Default LCRS to 5.1

I have a client (no budget) that has an LCRS (comp mix only) and needs to get it into 5.1 to comply with Festival requirements.

Any ideas on a quick, hopefully automated solution for this?

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 PM

Default Re: LCRS to 5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfieCAL View Post
I have a client (no budget) that has an LCRS (comp mix only) and needs to get it into 5.1 to comply with Festival requirements.

Any ideas on a quick, hopefully automated solution for this?

Thanks!
For the surround all you need to do is copy the S channel into two channels and label them Ls and Rs. They will still have mono surround but it will sound fine and they will be in compliance. For the .1 channel, I would not bother unless they are actually using it for LFE. You said they had LCRS, so there is no LFE, so no need for an empty .1 file, unless they are cranks. Do you need to make this into an LtRt, or are you making files for a DCP?

philp
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM

Thanks for the input Philip.

I will need to create an LtRt, which I wlll be using Neyrinck SoundCode LtRt Tools for. Any value to using a mono to stereo upmix for the mono surround, or will that mess with the LtRt foldown? I haven't heard anything about a DCP and with requesting an LtRt I would expect not, but one never knows.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfieCAL View Post
Thanks for the input Philip.

I will need to create an LtRt, which I wlll be using Neyrinck SoundCode LtRt Tools for. Any value to using a mono to stereo upmix for the mono surround, or will that mess with the LtRt foldown? I haven't heard anything about a DCP and with requesting an LtRt I would expect not, but one never knows.
If it was me I'd just make the LtRt using the LCRSS as mentioned above (S channels are the same file copied). That's worked fine making LtRts for me.

philp
Old 03-07-2014, 10:08 AM

Are you doing the Frame rate pulls as well?

Not that it relates to the primary question but DCP is 24fps just helping you not having them come back again for it.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig