Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 PM

Default I bought Pro Tools 10 not showing up in iLok [solved]

before I bought it i used the demo but once I bought PT 10 free upgrade to 11 I registered it on avid and typed in my iLok name and I guess it didnt work because my iLok only shows the PT 10 demo which is now expired when I go to avid to register it again because I figured I didn't it say's it's already been used so I checked my email and I have a confirmation email from avid saying I activated it and on my iLok but it's no where to be found on my iLok and now I can't use it also I got the email giving me the upgrade code and it said it didn't recognize my iLok help! I need Pro Tools I'm in the middle of producing a CD!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:51 PM

Default Re: I bought Pro Tools 10 not showing up in iLok

You mean the license did not show up in the License manager/on iLok.com or actually in your iLok?

You have to use the iLok License manager to install the license on your iLok. Did you do that?

It is also not unusual for people to enter the wrong iLok account info/have a typo. In which case contact Avid support.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:00 PM

I've asked in the mods forum if someone from Avid could look into this. It's going to require some access us mere mortals do not posess.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 09-04-2013, 09:09 PM

Post Re: I bought Pro Tools 10 not showing up in iLok

Your account shows that you registered PT10 and that a PT11 Upgrade Code was emailed to you 3 days later. Our system shows your PT11 Upgrade Code is unused.
  1. Check your email (Inbox and Spam) for this code which starts with "PTX" and enter it here.
  2. Use the iLok License Manager to activate the license on your iLok 2.
If that doesn't solve it, it would be best for you to contact Avid CS directly (650-731-6100 and select Registration Help).
Old 09-04-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You mean the license did not show up in the License manager/on iLok.com or actually in your iLok?

You have to use the iLok License manager to install the license on your iLok. Did you do that?

It is also not unusual for people to enter the wrong iLok account info/have a typo. In which case contact Avid support.
I didn't make a typo.. which I though maybe I did at first but I double checked and it doesn't show up on the license manager or on the site. I have the confirmation email and all that that says I registered it and whatnot on to my correct iLok ID but the only thing on my iLok is the trial/demo which is expired.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Your account shows that you registered PT10 and that a PT11 Upgrade Code was emailed to you 3 days later. Our system shows your PT11 Upgrade Code is unused.
  1. Check your email (Inbox and Spam) for this code which starts with "PTX" and enter it here.
  2. Use the iLok License Manager to activate the license on your iLok 2.
If that doesn't solve it, it would be best for you to contact Avid CS directly (650-731-6100 and select Registration Help).
I've tried that and when I type in my iLok username is gives me this message "There are no qualifying upgrade products on this iLok account. Please try another iLok account"
Old 09-04-2013, 09:25 PM

Your iLok account only shows a Pro Tools Express license - no Pro Tools 10 license (you'll need the latter to surrender in the PT11 Upgrade process).

You registered a Pro Tools 10 Box, so you would have either gotten a pre-authorized iLok 2 (and maybe you've never sync'd this to your iLok account) -or- an Activation Card which would have added the license to your ilok.com account and you would have then used iLok License Manager to activate it to your iLok 2.

Have you installed iLok License Manager yet? If not, please do that, launch it, sign in, and try a Sync/Repair on your iLok 2.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Also my PT 10 doesn't work at all anymore it doesn't show up either despite the fact that I bought it the only thing that shows up in my iLok manager and website it's the trial/demo
Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 PM

This really sounds like something CS will need to handle, especially since you have a Pro Tools Express license but no Pro Tools 10 license in your iLok account.

I started a support case (under your email address) with the details from this thread as well as our systems so please call in tomorrow between 8-5 Pacific and CS will straighten this out.

I did deposit a temp PT11 bundle in your ilok.com account to get you up and running in the mean time.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Your iLok account only shows a Pro Tools Express license - no Pro Tools 10 license (you'll need the latter to surrender in the PT11 Upgrade process).

You registered a Pro Tools 10 Box, so you would have either gotten a pre-authorized iLok 2 (and maybe you've never sync'd this to your iLok account) -or- an Activation Card which would have added the license to your ilok.com account and you would have then used iLok License Manager to activate it to your iLok 2.

Have you installed iLok License Manager yet? If not, please do that, launch it, sign in, and try a Sync/Repair on your iLok 2.
I've tried the sync/repair. Why is Pro Tools 10 Registered but not showing up in my iLok manager? What step did I miss? Did I not sync it to my iLok account and if so how do I do that?