Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2022, 07:24 AM

Default DADman Not routing Correctly.

I've been using my MTRX Studio and the Dolby Atmos Production Suite for 6 months and all has been working well.

A few days ago I started having a few problems with the DADman software. It works fine in stereo mode but when I switch to Dolby Atmos it starts to route the audio incorrectly. In fact, the first 4 channels are mute and have a light blue dot above the channel. I also can't select or deselect any of the routing options, i.e. the blue dots

I've read some of the other threads about this and have tried re-installing the firmware but this has not solved the problem.

I understand the light blue dots indicate an input is patched to an output outside the selected group but I'm not sure how to fix this.

Will I need to rebuild my monitor profile?

I not sure what has happened as I've changed nothing in my setup.

I've attached a screengrab of my DADman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 15.16.19.jpg (82.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-16-2022, 07:45 AM
Avid

Default Re: DADman Not routing Correctly.

Greetings,

A few things.

(A) I would recommend updating (if you are not already) to DADman v 5.6.3.

(B) From DADman > Settings > Monitor Profile > click Remove Unused Groups and then save your .dmprof monitor profile once more.

(C) There is a condition that can occur with summing and bass management if loading multiple .dmprof files on quit which is described here:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...lly&popup=true

The short recommendation is to simply uncheck Enable Monitor then recheck it from Settings > Monitor Profile.

Let us know.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-16-2022, 08:01 AM

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Unfortunately that hasn't made any difference. The problem remains the same.

Any other thoughts?
Old 08-16-2022, 08:43 AM
Avid

Please give us some more details regarding your specific profile and issues. Sources are metering and monitoring in stereo but not in immersive? One .dmprof or multiple? Immersive Output sets are discrete or shared with the LR stereo outputs? Bass Management + EQ is enabled, engaged on both sets? Feel free to PM me if that is more efficient.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-16-2022, 03:22 PM

I noticed two things in your screenshot.

1. You have selected both the PT 5.1 source and the Dolby ATMOS source, i.e. you are summing these two sources. Is that intentional?

2. There are no meter indications in the routing window, i.e. there is no sound coming into the MTRX Studio. That may be because you are not playing any audio, or it could be a configuration issue in DAPS.

You can not change the routing (blue dots) in the routing matrix because these are controlled by the monitor controller. The outputs that are controlled by the monitor controller are shown with an "X" just above the channel number in the routing window.

The light blue dots on output ch. 3-6 indicate the output comes from a source "outside" the input section you are looking at. That other source may be another physical input, or it may be the summing engine. I suspect the latter as you are summing PT 5.1 and Dolby ATMOS.

So try the following steps:

1. De-select PT5.1 as source.
2. Check whether you have any meter indication on the DigiLink input in the routing window. If you do not have any meter indications, then the problem most likely lies with DAPS.
Old 08-22-2022, 04:37 AM

From the screenshot, I did not intentionally select both. Unchecking the 5.1 op makes no difference.

The meters are working when a select the stereo option but the is no meter deflection when I playback from Dolby Atmos and therefore no audio.

There is also no audio when I access the speaker calibration window, so the problem must be within DAPS.
Old 08-22-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncbox Post View Post
From the screenshot, I did not intentionally select both. Unchecking the 5.1 op makes no difference.

The meters are working when a select the stereo option but the is no meter deflection when I playback from Dolby Atmos and therefore no audio.

There is also no audio when I access the speaker calibration window, so the problem must be within DAPS.
Just selected Mac Pro Speakers as the output from DAPS and it plays back perfectly. When I select HDX, I get no audio going into DADman.

Any thoughts?
Old 08-25-2022, 07:19 AM
Avid

Just to button this up...

If anyone is seeing a lack of signal flow from DAPS -> into MTRX / DADman via DigiLink, check under Audio MIDI Setup > and ensure that the primary Output slider for HDX is not attenuated. We've occasionally seen this occur and so we are currently investigating applications which might attenuate the device for the Avid Audio Server.

best,

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-28-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Just to button this up...

If anyone is seeing a lack of signal flow from DAPS -> into MTRX / DADman via DigiLink, check under Audio MIDI Setup > and ensure that the primary Output slider for HDX is not attenuated. We've occasionally seen this occur and so we are currently investigating applications which might attenuate the device for the Avid Audio Server.

best,

Jeff
It just happened to me, only other app I was using prior to ProTools/DAPS was SoundID Reference Measure. The slider was about 10 dB lowered.

Mac Studio Ultra, OS 13.6.5 MTRX Studio, PT Ultimate 2023.12.1, HDX1, Sync HD, BM Decklink Extreme 4K, Genelec's 9.1.4, Dolby Atmos Renderer, Avid Dock, S1, SoundFlow, Streamdeck