Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 03-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Default midi still needs improvement....

if anyone remembers opcode vision software, they know how a midi program should be. i know there are a couple old opcode programmers working with apple, and avid.

there is still no quantization percentile adjustment [100% only quantization sucks] on quantization in the real time sub window....

there needs to be a midi mapper selector, so you can setup multi vi, midi instruments fed from one midi channel. now if you want to have multi vi, or midi playing the same date you need to duplicate, and re assign. i still have a large midi setup and fequently send the master keyboard to multi midi things.......
if you used vision and galaxy in the old days you know what i mean.

the score notation function, needs to also show pedal dampers, and volume/ loudness marks........

when you work in regions, if you edit back to a bar line, the note that starts the region is always left, when you really wanted to remove that selection to the bar line, or marker..........

export, midi poorly translates to finale, we always have to hand correct the chart....

midi is slower than the vi data bus, so i always have to advance the midi in clicks to retain proper midi timing.... even though the midi programming was done correctly.

where are the old vision guys???????????? i still have two mac se30's running vision and galaxy!!!! and after 20 years they still fire up everyday.....

www.mediawestpost.com
www.musiccomposer.com

Last edited by mediawest; 03-24-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-27-2009, 12:59 AM

Default Re: midi still needs improvement....

The Opcode parabola Volume/mod wheel/controller automation pencil tool would be sweet as well. Logic and DP both have aqn equivalent. How about Instrument lists for external instruments? How about Tempo Map list editor. LOgics makes hitting cuts to picture a breeze!