Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2019, 12:31 PM

Default I need help with Strike 1 please!!

I have Strike 1 which I run with ProTools 7.4 on a MacBook OS 10.4.11
They have been very stable until yesterday when opening the Strike instrument window caused ProTools to crash and disappear.
I don't think I was doing anything weird to cause this, just listening to a bunch of old sessions.
Once it happened I couldn't open the instrument. Strike would play, but attempting to look at Strike caused an immediate crash.
Today I reinstalled Strike from the original disks.
It works but I am not able to do the following:
Load all of the presets. I can audition them but many do not load.
Load any of my user settings - they are present in the browser but none of them will load.
Load any of my user styles, kits and mixes - they are present in the browser but none of them will load.
Could the problem be with the location of the files in the computer?
Currently there is a Strike folder in Applications / Didgidesign / ProTools which has the 7 data big files.
There is also a Strike folder in Applications and this has separate folders for my user settings, kits, mixes and styles.
There is also a Strike folder in Library / Application Support / Digidesign / Plug In Settings / Strike and this contains the user settings tfx files.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Currently all of my previous sessions are redundant without the right drums parts!

Thanks
Old 01-07-2019, 03:50 AM

Default Re: I need help with Strike 1 please!!

I don't know the mac world at all, but I wonder about two things.

A: Any recent changes or updates to your system's settings or OS?
B: Get the latest video card drivers.

Sorry for such a generic response.