Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-07-2005, 12:55 AM

Default waves diamond bundle problem

hello everyone, for a while I've had the waves diamond bundle version 3.2 installed on my computer and everything worked fine. I finally went out and upgraded to version 5.0 but I seem to have a problem. Some of the newer plug-ins like the L3, RenChannel, Linear Phase, EQ, X-Click, etc. all loaded fine and are visible as plug-ins in PT, but some of the plug-ins that were already on the computer that I know are included in the diamond bundle as well (Q8,10, RenEQ, Maxxbass, RCL, Enigma, Doppler, MondoMod, L1, C1, C4, and a couple others) aren't showing up in PT anymore. I installed everything properly, installed the wave shell, etc. Any advice on why so many of these plug-ins don't seem to be showing up?

Also, when it asked if I wanted to install the RTAS or VST versions I did both (since I have N-Track on my computer that I rarely use but figured why not). When I open N-track, ALL of the plug-ins show up; the ones that I already had plus the new ones, but not the case in PT. I need help

Bret
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10
Old 03-07-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: waves diamond bundle problem

Try to go to:

c:\Program\Delade filer\Digidesign\DAE\DAE Prefs (it's pretty much the same in your lingo...)

and force PTLE to do a new pref-file by deleting the one you have - this is a kind of "general fix" when it comes to matters like this - try it...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 03-07-2005, 08:55 PM

I tried and it didn't work. I opened up a song I had been working on and a few plug-ins weren't initialized since they were "not found in the plug-in folder" such as C1, C4, REQ, L1. I searched in my plug-ins folder and both WaveShell 5.0 files are installed but still only the newer plug-ins are showing up in pro tools and all of my previous ones are gone.

And still, they all show up in n-track. Could it be a faulty waveshell file or does anybody know what I can do to fix this? thank-you!

bret
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10
Old 03-07-2005, 08:58 PM

Make sure to delete your older waveshell files from this location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

Also check this location to move and/or delete any improperly placed plugins to the new location listed above:

C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
Old 03-07-2005, 09:00 PM

I just searched through the waves folder and there are .dll and .dll.rsr files. However, the ones that are .dll only that do not have a .dll.rsr file are the ones not showing up in pro tools (REQ, C1, C4, doppler, enigma, etc.) any ideas? Thank-you so much!
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10
Old 03-07-2005, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Make sure to delete your older waveshell files from this location:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

Also check this location to move and/or delete any improperly placed plugins to the new location listed above:

C:\Program Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins
the new waveshell files were in the common files folder but in \Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins the older waveshell files were there so I deleted those and put the new ones in, still same problem...
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10
Old 03-07-2005, 09:12 PM

There should be nothing in the old location when you're through with it...and only one instance of the new waveshell in the common files location. Pro tools doesn't use .dll files for plugins...it uses *.dpm and *.dpm.rsr files.

Did you uninstall 3.2 prior to installing v5.0? Did you check to make sure everything uninstalled prior to installing the new version?
Old 03-07-2005, 09:20 PM

Quote:
There should be nothing in the old location when you're through with it...and only one instance of the new waveshell in the common files location. Pro tools doesn't use .dll files for plugins...it uses *.dpm and *.dpm.rsr files.

Did you uninstall 3.2 prior to installing v5.0? Did you check to make sure everything uninstalled prior to installing the new version?
no i didn't uninstall 3.2. I'll uninstall both right now and reinstall 5.0 and see if that fixes the problem. Thank-you!
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10
Old 03-07-2005, 09:30 PM

i uninstalled everything and re-installed 5.0 and everything shows up and works beautifully! thank-you so much. I just assumed if you had a previous version of Waves on the computer it would auto update. Thank-you again!
PowerPC G5 dual 2.0gz
7 gigs ram
2 TB HD
Tannoy Monitors
Yamaha NS-10