Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 PM

Default Copying Elastic Audio Analysis Markers to Another Track

Has anyone successfully copied analysis markers from one track to another? I really think this could help maintain the phase relationship between tracks when elasticing. When trying this on an amped guitar track recorded with two mics, they fall out of phase even when grouped. I believe this is because of the different analysis markers in each track. When the tracks are put together on a stereo track with identical markers, they stay in perfectly in phase. After searching, I found a post with this response from DigiTechSupt, but I can get it to work. Sounds simple, but whenever I copy the region and attempt to paste onto a track that is in analysis view, it just pastes the audio region. When in analysis view, the Edit-copy function is not available, so that can't be it. Am I missing something?

#6 - After analysis, just select the region (you may have to change back to regions view if the region is not already selected), copy, then select the region you want to apply it to, switch to analysis and paste.

Thanks!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Copying Elastic Audio Analysis Markers to Another Track

What you desire is easy to do, just group the tracks BEFORE you enable EA. Then you can ignore or remove the markers in all but 1 track of the group.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 PM

This still isn't working for me and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The two tracks still drift apart. If I do this on a stereo track it's fine. I believe this is because stereo tracks share the same analysis markers. I've made a video demonstrating my problem. Is anyone else having this issue? I cannot seem to copy analysis markers as DigiTechSupt talks about in this thread... Answer 6 -
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=283233

I have the same issue if I delete the analysis markers from the second track.

Here's the link to my short video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBg-xtN5nLA

I did make an error in the video when I said the gtrs shouldn't have been affected after the third warp marker I put in. This doesn't change the results though. Everything should be in sync and together as it is on the stereo track.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Interesting I think(watching your video) that you have given yourself the solution. You dragged the audio to a stereo track and all went fine, I would continue to do that, then split it out to 2x mono after committing the EA edits. Also, I try to always lock a warp marker at each end of the region as I hate when the audio goes "wild" past my last locked marker(not sure that would have any affect on your issue though).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Sure for two tracks that would work, but what if I have 3 guitar tracks? Or a drumkit?! And why does everyone else not have this problem? Surely I must be doing something wrong. Also, I did have markers on the ends. (Select full region/warp view/right-click - add warp marker - adds to both ends)
Old 11-03-2010, 06:59 AM

Instead of making a TRACK group like you did, make a REGION group. I'm not sure if those are the technical terms, but select the regions you want to make elastic, right click, and click "Group" - that's how I do it on 14 tracks of drums, and it sounds tight.
SIIG FireWire Express Card
Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE
Digi003 Rack || PreSonus D8 || ART MPA Gold || ART PRO VLA II || Ensoniq DP/2
M-Audio Axiom 49 || Behringer BCF2000
Yamaha HS50Ms

Bands: Captain Starr || stereoINs
Drums: 1 || 2 || 3
Guitars: 1 || 2 || 3
Old 11-03-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pronto View Post
Instead of making a TRACK group like you did, make a REGION group. I'm not sure if those are the technical terms, but select the regions you want to make elastic, right click, and click "Group" - that's how I do it on 14 tracks of drums, and it sounds tight.
I just tried that on these gtrs and it didn't make a difference. When elasticing drums are your overheads on stereo tracks? I've had the biggest problems when the were on separate tracks. Does anyone know how to just copy the analysis markers? I'm pretty confident that having the same analysis markers on both tracks would do the trick. It was suggested by DigiTechSupport, but I cannot figure out how to do it and cannot find it in the manual.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 PM

My overheads are mono tracks, and I remember having phase issues back in 7.4, but since I moved to 8 and started grouping regions, I've never had that problem again.
SIIG FireWire Express Card
Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE
Digi003 Rack || PreSonus D8 || ART MPA Gold || ART PRO VLA II || Ensoniq DP/2
M-Audio Axiom 49 || Behringer BCF2000
Yamaha HS50Ms

Bands: Captain Starr || stereoINs
Drums: 1 || 2 || 3
Guitars: 1 || 2 || 3
Old 11-03-2010, 03:36 PM

I'm on PT LE 8.0.1cs2. I'm grouped (region and edit) and following all the steps, but still have phasey guitars and drum overheads. I can't get anything to maintain phase unless it's on a stereo track.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM

bump