Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-21-2020, 10:33 AM

Default 003 lineouts

Greetings all!
I've posted this before, but I want to do it one more time before I remove the 003 from the studio.
Avid 003 control surface. Main Monitor outs L and R used for speakers.
Pro Tools 2020.
Furman headphone distribution system.
I want people to be able to listen to music in the control room speakers while I'm in the studio playing along using headphones.
003 lineouts are connected to furman. Drums are fed to channel 1 on the furman and the ipod is fed to 5/6 on the furman.
Pro tools output has to be set to 1/2 in order for sound to come thru the speakers in the control room. Problem is when 1/2 is activated for the control room speakers it also sends the ipod connected to 5/6 on the 003 to lineout 5/6 AND line out 1/2. I don't want channel 5/6 feeding 1/2 in the headphones I want separate control. In other words I want drums control on furman 1 and ipod control on 5/6. I don't want to hear 5/6 on 1/2. I don't think it can be done..at least not with this setup. Any ideas?