Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Can I use MAudio, 002, MBox with same software??

I have an MBox system only at this point and need a bigger system with more I/O to go with it. I want to be able to just switch out the interfaces when needed and use the same software as it's all on my mobile rig. I was going to buy a 002 Rack but with all the problems people are continuing to have it just doesn't seem like Digi has ever truly fixed them and I'm unsure about buying one. So, now I'm considering the Larger FW M-Audio unit to use but I can't be switching between regular Pro Tools and some MPowered version on the same computer...etc...So, is there a way I can just swith out interfaces and keep the samw software version?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Can I use MAudio, 002, MBox with same software??

Pro Tools LE software requires Digidesign hardware, and Pro Tools LE software is included with all Pro Tools LE hardware systems.
M-Audio hardware requires the separate purchase of Pro Tools M-Powered software:
http://www.digidesign.com/compato/xp/ma/

Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M-Powered share some of the same components, but different versions of other components. To use both on the same computer, you would need to have them on separate startup systems, either on separate drives or separate partitions of the same drive.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:44 PM

Thanks...So, i'm guessing that I can use a Digi002 RAck and MBox on the same software though, right?
Old 09-10-2005, 02:54 PM

I'll try to eleborate

Pro Tools got 3 versions:
TDM/HD
LE
M-Powered

Each one can use the hardware in that release =

Pro Tools TDM/HD can use the same software for HD2|Accel , HD1 (though it is stupid to change PCI cards... and the core is the same) , Mix / HD use same software until 6.4 and from that point each got its own updates...

LE Series:
Mbox, 002, 002Rack can be switched (you cannot use more than at once). I'm successfully using PTLE 6.9 with Mbox, 002Rack and used it sometimes with 002, with the same software.

This is very possible.
Mbox 2 however will be part of the entire LE line within next PTLE release.

M-Powered:
I havn't checked those products but it should work to switch between products. not sure if you'll have to install/uninstall drivers for that to work but it should work.
M-Powered checks for iLok and M-Audio Driver/Hardware.
but it is the same software for all supported hardware.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I'll try to eleborate

Pro Tools got 3 versions:
TDM/HD
LE
M-Powered

Each one can use the hardware in that release =

Pro Tools TDM/HD can use the same software for HD2|Accel , HD1 (though it is stupid to change PCI cards... and the core is the same) , Mix / HD use same software until 6.4 and from that point each got its own updates...

LE Series:
Mbox, 002, 002Rack can be switched (you cannot use more than at once). I'm successfully using PTLE 6.9 with Mbox, 002Rack and used it sometimes with 002, with the same software.

This is very possible.
Mbox 2 however will be part of the entire LE line within next PTLE release.

M-Powered:
I havn't checked those products but it should work to switch between products. not sure if you'll have to install/uninstall drivers for that to work but it should work.
M-Powered checks for iLok and M-Audio Driver/Hardware.
but it is the same software for all supported hardware.
Right...I thought you could use the different LE interfaces with the same software, just one at a time...Good....Thanks for the clarification.

Been on PT since version 3 but was unsure about this issue..Thanks so much..I guess I'll be getting a 002 to go wtih my MBox.