Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 12-14-2018, 09:34 AM

Default Clip Effects Consolidating with fades and handles in tact

I work in post-production as a sound editor and mostly collaborate with other folks who are pro tools users. However, once in a while I have to deliver a project for re-recording mixers who are using Nuendo and other DAWs, in which case I'd like to prep an AAF for them.

I tend to use a good amount of clip-based EQ for dialogue editing and sound effects editing/sound design, but wanted to know if there was a way to "render" the clip-based effects within each clip while leaving the handles and fades in tact. This would be a similar manner of how you can "render" audiosuite plugins and choosing "create individual files" and "clip by clip" from the audiosuite plugin's menu.

Thanks so much!

Jon
Old 12-14-2018, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Clip Effects Consolidating with fades and handles in tact

Wel...I figured out how to "render" clip based effects for the whole sequence by right clicking on the clips and choosing "clip effects > render." However, when exporting an AAF from pro tools, it doesn't keep the fades in-tact for any clips regardless of whether or not they've had clip eq processed. So this completely makes AAF exports from Pro Tools useless which sucks. And if I wanted to simply render all of my clip fades I'd either have to do that as a batch which creates audio files for the whole sequence, or do them individually using option + shift + 3.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Clip Effects Consolidating with fades and handles in tact

Hey jondom22,

Could you not 'consolidate' all of your individual clips and render your fades by using an Audio Suite effect (such as the gain plugin - with no setting changes, just nominal 0 gain increase/decrease) and use that set to individual clips with the handle length you are looking for? Couple that with a batch clip rename command of taking off the AS append... Is that close to the result you are looking for?