Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-17-2018, 03:13 PM

Default copying automation in controller lanes

Hello,

I have automation occurring in: Controller Lane Mod Wheel (1) and I have Vacuum instantiated. In Vacuum I have called up: LPF Cutoff - and the 'green light' shows it is active.

I want to copy the automation from: Mod Wheel (1) and apply it to: LPF Cutoff. I have tried:Copy> To Current Automation Type - but this command will not apply the Automation to the Controller Lane (LPF Cutoff).

What command am I forgetting? (btw, I have tried everything. i.e.: Copy Special> All Automation, Pan Automation, Plug-in Automation - as well as Paste Special> Merge, Repeat To Fill Section and to Current Automation Type).

For example: When I: Copy> To Current Automation Type - from Mod Wheel (1) to Pitch Bend - the automation will copy
Old 02-17-2018, 06:22 PM

Default Re: copying automation in controller lanes

You are trying to copy MIDI controller data to audio automation lanes. LPF is automation not MIDI CC data. Mod wheel is MIDI CC. Pitch Bend is MIDI data.

That isn't allowed. That isn't the same thing as copying to automation lane type. If you are unclear on what is MIDI data and what is automation, Pro Tools separates the categories in the drop down list for lanes. (on top of which, in parenthesis the CC number is written for CC data)
Old 02-18-2018, 07:44 AM

Default Re: copying automation in controller lanes

Oh thats easy to sort out... I thought you could apply the data (drawings, triangles, squares, etc.) to midi cc numbers.

thanks

For those of you interested: Sound Control #6 (75) - (LPF C/O - Vacuum)

Last edited by jamesleonard; 02-18-2018 at 07:56 AM.