Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Unable to use external HD

You can if you install "Mac Drive" on your windows system;

http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/

I have not used it myself, but heard it works fine.

mb
Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: Audio Record or Playback Volume Error Info

im having a problem with my mbox 001. My computer isnt detecting the m box so i cant access protools to get any of my files. The light on the mbox isnt turning on. I have a mac G5.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:23 PM

I solved my problem. I got an 9131 error. If anyone is having the same trouble I'll recommend to check how I solutionated it:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...c=1&PHPSESSID=
Old 10-25-2006, 06:17 PM

if i have protools and all my plugins on an external drive will i be able to run protools on any mac os x and up? so in other word can i run protools throgh an external hard drive? bring my sessions with me where ever i go and be able to open them ok
Old 10-25-2006, 08:34 PM

Quote:
if i have protools and all my plugins on an external drive will i be able to run protools on any mac os x and up? so in other word can i run protools throgh an external hard drive? bring my sessions with me where ever i go and be able to open them ok

Yes if you take a drive and format it for OS X Extended (Journaled) and then put Tiger 10.4.x on there and Pro Tools 7.x on there with all your plug-ins. Get it all running the way you want and then take that external drive with you where you need to go. Maybe even partition that drive and put Panther 10.3.9 and LE 6.9 for even more flexibility. Then you could hook it up FireWire and chose the FireWire as your startup disk and boot into either partition on another Mac and have everything you need, ready to rock with all your plug-ins there and accessible.

This would probably be the best way to take with you what you need anywhere you go...but if I'm wrong then someone please correct me. Thanks.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM

How do i get my HD to be a "valid audio volume" like it was yesterday!? what went wrong??
Old 10-25-2006, 08:50 PM

How do i get my HD to be a "valid audio volume" like it was yesterday!? what went wrong??
Old 11-09-2006, 11:24 AM

Hi,
I have this problem.
I got my brand new imac intel core 2 duo today and used a function to transfer all my applications and files directly from my old iBook to the new computer.
I run PT LE 7.0 with mbox.
When I open a session the box says: this volume is set to "Transfer only" if permitted set the volume to playback or record.
So I go to the workspace and try this only to get a new box that states that the disc cannot be designated as an audio record volume because it is not a valid audio volume.
The same thing happens when I try to start a session from an external drive (witch works with the old computer).
I have repaired permissions.
Do I really have to reformat the drive? It's brand spankin'new.

Most greatful for help in this matter!

Séamus Deivert
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 AM

Hi y'all,
I too feel your pain. :>) Felt, I should say, because I've solved the dilemma, at least for my case. And I had unsuccessfully tried every single fix suggested here in this entire thread. Here's what worked for me:
I just clean-uninstalled and re-installed ProTools and lo and behold, all my drives now work fine and automatically show up in the WorkSpace window with "r"s everywhere. I deleted preferences, repaired permissions, and re-started the computer many times, at every step of the process. Probably overkill I would hope, but anyways, that works. Now I have to see whether the plugins work, but that's a different kettle of worms....
BTW, according to Digi, ProTools drives should now be formated in "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" format. I guess I'll re-format the new drive that I did in un-journaled. It's empty currently anyways.
Hope this helps someone.
Cheers, Rick Novak.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:43 PM

I fixed this problem on my Win XP system. Somehow my audio disk had gotten formatted as a dynamic disc, which PT does not support. When I converted it to a basic disk and reformatted it, I was able to to Windows/Workspace and it showed up as an R instead of an unchangeable T.
Closed Thread