Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2024, 09:39 AM

Default Pro Tools Studio Perpetual license for Carbon

I no longer see the Carbon Protools Studio license in my account!
I let the subscription lapse a couple of years ago which then was turned in to a Perpetual License (They called it the Perpetual Parachute).
I was about to re-instate it again but don't see the License in my account anymore. I see the Carbon Hardware in my account but not the Software license. I do still have the Protools Studio Perpetual license on my iLok.
Old 03-28-2024, 09:50 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools Studio Perpetual license for Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiot View Post
I no longer see the Carbon Protools Studio license in my account!
I let the subscription lapse a couple of years ago which then was turned in to a Perpetual License (They called it the Perpetual Parachute).
I was about to re-instate it again but don't see the License in my account anymore. I see the Carbon Hardware in my account but not the Software license. I do still have the Protools Studio Perpetual license on my iLok.
I've just checked your license and it's still activated on your iLok2 USB.
Can you give more info on this?
Note that there is no license for the hardware itself.

In relation, your Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual License's Update and Support plan is about to expire by the end of the month.

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-28-2024, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
I've just checked your license and it's still activated on your iLok2 USB.
Can you give more info on this?
Note that there is no license for the hardware itself.

In relation, your Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual License's Update and Support plan is about to expire by the end of the month.
Thanks for the quick response. I am aware of my Ultimate license expiring soon But I wanted to also get my Protools Studio up to date. As you can see it is still on my iLok account. However I no longer see it on my account page under the Carbon tab, where up until recently I was able to update the license.
Old 03-28-2024, 02:07 PM
Avid

Hi digiot,

I created a bug regarding your concern under LRE-10551.
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-29-2024, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvicente22 View Post
Hi digiot,

I created a bug regarding your concern under LRE-10551.
Not sure what that means.
I just want to get my Protools Studio license up to date.
At this point there is no way to do that through my Avid account as it doesn’t show that I own a Protools Studio license.
Old 03-29-2024, 06:12 AM
Avid

Hi digiot,

My bad. What I mean is that, it looks like there's an issue with the Pro Tools Carbon your account so I created a ticket and reported it as a bug. I'll keep you posted as soon as possible.

Also the Pro Tools Perpetual license with your Pro Tools Carbon is what we called "Perpetual Parachute". When you get a chance to renew your plan for your Pro Tools Carbon, you will need to get a "Pro Tools | Carbon™ PT Software Renewal" (part number 9938-31063-00)

https://avidtech.my.salesforce-sites...faq/Carbon-FAQ
To create an Avid Support Case, you may go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-support/contact-audio-and-music-support
Old 03-29-2024, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Hi digiot,

My bad. What I mean is that, it looks like there's an issue with the Pro Tools Carbon your account so I created a ticket and reported it as a bug. I'll keep you posted as soon as possible.

Also the Pro Tools Perpetual license with your Pro Tools Carbon is what we called "Perpetual Parachute". When you get a chance to renew your plan for your Pro Tools Carbon, you will need to get a "Pro Tools | Carbon™ PT Software Renewal" (part number 9938-31063-00)

That page makes no mention of the "Pro Tools | Carbon™ PT Software Renewal" (part number 9938-31063-00) which also appears to be a US-only product, although not available in the US when you go and look for it. I can't find a UK website with any mention of that.

So glad that Carbon licensing is still a mess, years after its introduction.

Dominic
Old 03-29-2024, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicperry View Post
That page makes no mention of the "Pro Tools | Carbon™ PT Software Renewal" (part number 9938-31063-00) which also appears to be a US-only product, although not available in the US when you go and look for it. I can't find a UK website with any mention of that.

So glad that Carbon licensing is still a mess, years after its introduction.

Dominic
Yeah that's the reason I never kept my license up to date, since I also have an Ultimate License. I was hoping that it would be more streamlined by now, only to find out that it has actually gotten worse. I do remember that at one point I was able to see an "update" option in my nAvid account. This seems to be broken at the moment so I'll wait and see what they come up with.
Old 03-29-2024, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Hi digiot,

Thanks for looking in to this. Maybe after all these years of making it super complicated with the whole "Subscription/Perpetual Parachute" option, you just give the few of us that were early Carbon adopters a regular Protools Studio Perpetual license. Instead of having us jump through hoops to renew or turn our Subscriptions in to a perpetual licenses. Just a thought.
Old 03-30-2024, 11:01 AM

Looks like they. fixed the bug. I am now able to see my Protools Studio in the Carbon tab in my Avid Account. I no longer see an option to buy it direct from Avid though. Anyone know where I can find the Carbon specific Subscription renewal?