Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2023, 11:30 AM

Default PT Ultimate license deleted from acount

I was an original Carbon buyer and got the first perpetual Studio license with the finnicky parachute deal. Later on when they added the offer of Auto Tune Hybrid and an additional PT Ultimate license for new buyers, I was gifted a PT Ultimate license to my 'Products Not Yet Downloaded' area. Great, if I found occasion to use a second license I would have it. Well, I saw the offer for B-stock Carbons without software at Alto this month, ordered one and registered it when it arrived. Now I find the Pt Ultimate license has been removed from my 'Products Not Yet Downloaded' area.
I dutifully created a case, went back and forth with support who seem to have no knowledge of the offers made to Carbon customers, who finally closed the case stating there was no software included with my new purchase. Yeah, thanks, I'm looking for the Ultimate license that was in my account the prior two years to buying this hardware. I included the message I received from Avid when the license was deposited, which they seem to have willfully ignored - Case #04671592
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021
Old 08-30-2023, 11:49 AM

Default Re: PT Ultimate license deleted from acount

moving to licensing
Old 08-31-2023, 04:55 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
I was an original Carbon buyer and got the first perpetual Studio license with the finnicky parachute deal. Later on when they added the offer of Auto Tune Hybrid and an additional PT Ultimate license for new buyers, I was gifted a PT Ultimate license to my 'Products Not Yet Downloaded' area. Great, if I found occasion to use a second license I would have it. Well, I saw the offer for B-stock Carbons without software at Alto this month, ordered one and registered it when it arrived. Now I find the Pt Ultimate license has been removed from my 'Products Not Yet Downloaded' area.
I dutifully created a case, went back and forth with support who seem to have no knowledge of the offers made to Carbon customers, who finally closed the case stating there was no software included with my new purchase. Yeah, thanks, I'm looking for the Ultimate license that was in my account the prior two years to buying this hardware. I included the message I received from Avid when the license was deposited, which they seem to have willfully ignored - Case #04671592
Checking on this. Will get back to you.

Thanks,
-Tope

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 08-31-2023, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post

Thanks,
-Tope
Thanks, the license has re-appeared in my 'Products Not Yet Downloaded' area!
Apple MacBook Pro 16" M1 Pro 16GB 1TB 2021
Old 08-31-2023, 01:53 PM

May I ask a question, please?

I have no PT Ultimate at the moment (only old PT 7). So, when I'd buy a Carbon and get PT Ultimate, then

1. Can I later replace Carbon with e.g., HDX+MTRX and use this PT license, or do I need to purchase a new license? (Or in other words: does this PT license work with all hardware incl. 3rd party CoreAudio ones?)
  2. Is there a 'Reinstate' option for this PT license? I am confused about the wording in FAQ which says: You can at any point renew a Pro Tools | Carbon parachute subscription. Renewal is available through your preferred reseller as "Pro Tools | Carbon ™PT Software Renewal" (part number 9938-31063-00).
Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-31-2023, 02:02 PM

How about delete this post and create your own new thread for your question instead of polluting some other users thread who is seeking help. That’s considered pretty impolite here.

To create a new thread go to the sub forum and click on the “new thread” button.
Old 08-31-2023, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
How about delete this post and create your own new thread for your question instead of polluting some other users thread who is seeking help. That’s considered pretty impolite here.

To create a new thread go to the sub forum and click on the “new thread” button.
Because it is related to the question as I could end up in a similar situation down the road. At least, it occurred to me that way.

Edit: This could be important for others as well. Are there any special cases or circumstances a Carbon PT license may be invalidated or may disappear; can it be reinstated the same way a default PT Ultimate license can be?

But, of course, if everyone thinks a separate thread is better, I can create one.

Last edited by theAlien; 08-31-2023 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-01-2023, 06:26 AM

I have the same problem and created a support ticket. My copy of Pro Tools Ultimate is no longer in my "products not yet downloaded" I've been holding out on activating it until I was ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post

Thanks,
-Tope
Old 09-07-2023, 03:07 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildub View Post
I have the same problem and created a support ticket. My copy of Pro Tools Ultimate is no longer in my "products not yet downloaded" I've been holding out on activating it until I was ready.

Hi Phil! I checked your case and an email was sent to you regarding your Pro Tools Ultimate redemption code. Cheers!