Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2016, 02:56 PM

Default Re: 12.6 released!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Please be patient, it takes some time to get all the licenses working. You know, they cannot just send you licenses before the release without anyone noticing...
I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

Avid has no problem sending every single one of us numerous and frequent emails advertising their new products, etc....all they needed to do was send out an email about the change to licensing, advise everyone to keep watch for the new one and make the swap, make sure they were out to everyone, and THEN release the software.

ALL of this could have been avoided with one simple email that ASKED everyone to "notice". Some people might even call that "giving notice". It would have made everyone's lives simpler, including all the folks at Avid who are now being harassed by their customers.

It boggles the mind.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Seriously Avid? You push out software updates without providing authorizations fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondschwin View Post
really? cuz i got a laptop here with 12.6 ready for testing before deploying to the other 6 systems I am responsible for (people are clamoring for clip effects)
Looks like we have Support Case 03046727 in progress to resolve your license issue.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Did not receive a new license for Pro Tools 12.6 yet

So I made this mistake as well. Past PT 12 updates did not require a license update to run, so after seeing Avid announcements on social media and seeing the installer in my account, I think it is reasonable to assume that the software is ready to install. I've been having some issues with 12.5.2 that I was hoping to resolve, so 12.6 bug fixes are highly anticipated. The license issue was a showstopper. This would be a minor annoyance. Rolling back isn't too much of an issue. However, Avid has removed 12.5.2 installers from my account. I only have access 12.5.0 for some reason. I had to contact support to get the legacy installers that I've rightfully paid for and continue to pay for with my support plan which caused further delay.

My time is valuable. I don't appreciate it being wasted. If Avid is going to make these kinds of announcements, the customer has a reasonable expectation that things are ready to go. If that isn't the case, I'd be far less disappointed if it was simply communicated that way.

I suppose as an isolated incident it isn't that big of a deal, but considering the litany of fumbles Avid has made since the PT12 launch, it illustrates all the reasons I have lost confidence in the company. This is the easy part. If you can't get this right, what other things must be going wrong under the surface?

Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2016 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Support Case 03046581
Old 09-28-2016, 03:29 PM

I dont care the long list of customers of Avid. I did pay my subscription and I want my license now.
Be patient??? its true? .... which means they are sending licenses ?.
I need to work today, I must go back to 12.5? .... Avid freefall....OMG

Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2016 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Support Case 03047125
Old 09-28-2016, 04:25 PM

Default Wow.... I'm screwed

Of course, yes, I suppose I should have read about the license surrender issue, but I didn't. I've never had to do this before so I never imagined that this would be the case.... Nonetheless, I performed the upgrade and discovered that its not working and subsequently found out about this surrender issue.... Since I own multiple copies of PT, the only license I had in my account was a single group that didn't include my HD version. So I have updated one of my vanilla versions but my HD rig is down.... JEFFRO, I need your help brother!!!
OS X 10.14.6
Lynx Hilo TB D/A
Prism Lyra A/D
Apogee Symphony MKII 2X6 SE
Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.12
MASELEC MTC-1x
MASELEC MLA-2
MASELEC MEA-2
MASELEC MPL-2
MASELEC MLA-4
MANLEY (Mastering) SLAM!
MANLEY MASSIVE PASSIVE (Mastering)
X2 Rupert Neve 5059
WAVES L2 Ultra Maximizer
Artist Control
X2 Artist Mix

Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2016 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Support Case 03047484
Old 09-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Default Re: New license not authorizing Pro Tools 12.6 after activating it

Hello,

I just opened up a new case with the same issue here as well. Downloaded 12.6, though I have no updated 12.6 iLok license in my iLok account. I'm on an annual upgrade plan, so it should be in there. Thanks!

Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2016 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Support Case 03047112
Old 09-28-2016, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Wow.... I'm screwed

Same here. 1 of 2 Vanilla licenses delivered and no HD license. Luckily I saw the complaints here JUST before installing 12.6.

I think I'm jumping off the upgrade/update train very soon. It's too stressful these days with most of the software I'm using.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.

Last edited by jeffro; 09-29-2016 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Support Case 03047068
Old 09-28-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimNielsen View Post
Pretty ridiculous. I saw 12.6 was released, had no idea I needed a new iLok asset...

NOWHERE while installed 12.6 did it tell me, or how about this, how about the damn installer just CHECK for a valid license, and if not found, toss up a warning!!!!
Exactly. The nearest I had to advance notice was that I had read somewhere earlier today (social media? I can't remember.. I scour audio blogs much more than the average PT user) and even then, I only vaguely recall reading something about perpetual license users needing to update their licenses. But nothing about getting locked out if that didn't happen. No big red notice in the PT installer. No email from Avid. No warning in the Avid online user account where you download the installer. And besides, I'm a subscriber, not a perpetual user. So I assumed all would be well.

Avid screwing things up yet again...
Old 09-28-2016, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.6 doesn't see new license, how do I activate/surrender my old licens

Same problem, Installed 12.6 and nothing was deposited in my iLok account. Avid help!! I can't work!!
Old 09-28-2016, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Did not receive a new license/bundle for Pro Tools 12.6 yet

Same problem here, opened a case.