Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 02:18 AM

Default PT 7 will keep me happy!

I don't know about you guys, but PT 7 looks like the dogs. It will keep me with Digidesign and not wanting to move away to other platforms. Apart from the track count staying at 32, I think the new features look great. It will keep me until I can afford HD anyway.

I'm going to be ordering my copy with a new Mbox 2, then that copy should work for my 002 as well.

Rock on.

--------------------------------------
www.salientsound.com

Digi 002R
Dual 2ghz G5
2gb RAM
OS 10.4.2

Old 10-13-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: PT 7 will keep me happy!

why not buying an older mbox from ebay and then using the upgrade plus option to get two nice plugins for lower price?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I'm going to be ordering my copy with a new Mbox 2, then that copy should work for my 002 as well.
You get a free PT 7 with the purchase of the MBox II ... also let's hope Digi doesn't change the 6.8.1 CoreAudio ... Man, you're going to luv it ...

Old 10-13-2005, 06:40 AM

What about use the focusrite pres of mbox1 (via s/pdif) to gain the four tracks feature with mbox2?
I don't know (yet) if we have to power up mbox1 out of computer usb circuit to avoid PT drivers conflict. Did you know about a power supplier for usb powered gadjets with mbox usb specs (usb type B plug, 500mA, 5V...)?
Old 10-13-2005, 06:58 AM

Quote:

It will, but technically that is a violation of your license agreement because your copy of PT7 will only be for the Mbox 2. The software license is for use with a specific hardware unit and tied just to that unit so you aren't allowed to use it will anything else even though it may work.

Quote:
why not buying an older mbox from ebay and then using the upgrade plus option to get two nice plugins for lower price?
There is a upgrade plus option available even for people who are entitled to a free upgrade so Mbox 2 users still have the option.

Quote:
What about use the focusrite pres of mbox1 (via s/pdif) to gain the four tracks feature with mbox2?

Short of using two computers, I think its impossible to make this work because you can't get the pres to output via SPDIF.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:17 AM

Quote:

It will, but technically that is a violation of your license agreement because your copy of PT7 will only be for the Mbox 2. The software license is for use with a specific hardware unit and tied just to that unit so you aren't allowed to use it will anything else even though it may work.
then thats silly, what am i supposed to run two version of protools on the same comp? i dont even think thats possible.

i dont care whether its an upgrade or an OEM, i just want PTLE7 for my 002R and Mbox2.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:24 AM

It's not silly. It's the law. But it only applies if you're talking about running the software in 2 locations, as in 2 computers. If you're only talking about having your Mbox2 connected to your computer running PT 7 OR having your 002 connected to that same computer, then I think you're fine. However, if you use the same installer and license code to install that software on another computer and want to run both computers with the different systems, you're breaking the law.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Apart from the track count staying at 32
That's the main reason I'm not happy with PT 7!!!!!

Version 5 to 6 and Now 7 few Hundred in Upgrade bucks and still a 32 track Count???

Why???

I know a lot can get done with 32 but I think my Computer can handle at least 64 if not more!!!

There is no compitition with HDs 128 track count!!!!
Old 10-13-2005, 01:22 PM

[QUOTE]
Quote:

There was actually a post about doing this, in which DigiTechSupport accuallty told someone who was asking about running an 002r and an MBox II on the same system that they could do that w/ PTLE7. So it will work on 7, PTLE disk are for no specific hardware, they are just general disks.
MBox2 Mini, PT 7.3
iBook G4 1.33GHz, 1GB RAM, OSX 10.4.8
Old 10-13-2005, 04:37 PM

Here's my question. I have recently purchased an Mbox and a Mac Mini. It's working well for what I need, but I have realized a more effective live set-up for loops and backing tracks would be a laptop and a 002R. So if I purchase two computers and two licensed versions of the software would I need two versions of all the plugins? The reason I ask is because I thought the iLok was created so you could "take" plugins with you from for example your home to the studio, or in my case the stage.

p.s. this is my first post here although I've been lurking since the 001 was introduced. Just now finally getting to own PT although I have used it some in a studio and am really enjoying it. Another question, how do I change my signature?.

Thanks