Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2009, 12:11 PM

Default Re: just updated to vista, now pro tools does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punch Drunk View Post
yea i got vista reinstalled and up to where i had the last install at on the new faster hdd now, im wondering if i should emluate xp instead of trying to dual boot this time, or if i do dual boot, install it on a completely serpate drive with the vista drive temporarily disconnected. i dont know if pt will run on an emulator though, with how touchy it is
personally i think you will have a different result with Vista and PTLE now that you have a faster drive. but again, with the gaming you want to do, i would go multi-boot. but that's just me

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 06-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykhal c View Post
personally i think you will have a different result with Vista and PTLE now that you have a faster drive. but again, with the gaming you want to do, i would go multi-boot. but that's just me
i could try to install pt8 again i guess, it couldnt hurt, worse thats going to happen is, it wont work, and im gunna have to dualboot or emulate anyways lol
Old 06-13-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
i could try to install pt8 again i guess, it couldnt hurt, worse thats going to happen is, it wont work, and im gunna have to dualboot or emulate anyways lol
if you decide to multi-boot, think about carvin' out your partitions while booted from your current Vista OS. then when you throw in your XP install disc, make sure when your choose your language that you look for the 'advanced' menu (or whatever they call it) to let you select the partition you want XP installed on. my 2cents anyway. don't forget about doin' backups/images along the way...makes recovery less painful

Old 06-13-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
if you decide to multi-boot, think about carvin' out your partitions while booted from your current Vista OS. then when you throw in your XP install disc, make sure when your choose your language that you look for the 'advanced' menu (or whatever they call it) to let you select the partition you want XP installed on. my 2cents anyway. don't forget about doin' backups/images along the way...makes recovery less painful
well i jus installed pt8, naturally ie8 got installed with sp2, so i removed it from the update menu, then installed pt8. best install ive seen yet, no errors, everything opened up like it was in xp, but now i get an unable to detect hardware, even when i turn my 002r on and off. i had high hopes
Old 06-13-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
well i jus installed pt8, naturally ie8 got installed with sp2, so i removed it from the update menu, then installed pt8. best install ive seen yet, no errors, everything opened up like it was in xp, but now i get an unable to detect hardware, even when i turn my 002r on and off. i had high hopes
if you haven't already, try deletin' your prefs and db's and reboot your rig. then cross fingers....

Old 06-13-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
if you haven't already, try deletin' your prefs and db's and reboot your rig. then cross fingers....
no go. tried compatibility mode and deleteing folders, even updatd pace drivers too. im gunna uninstall, maybe vista installed the digi 002 drivers when i installed the os, and they were less up to date than the ones with the pt disc, so its having issues.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:35 PM

that fixed the hardware is not on error. pro tools opened up, i made a quick session, set up a track an hit record, get buffer errors now. my processor and ram didnt change, so iuno why thats happening now
Old 06-13-2009, 07:13 PM

When launching Pro Tools in Vista Right Click the Pro Tools icon and choose Run As Administrater. This is how the guys at Digi ALWAYS run PT, which may explain why they have a hard time figuring out why end users are having so many problems. Since I started launching this way EVERYTIME all errors have disappeared. Im rock solid, i even have IE8 installed, i had IE8 open and PT open at the same time today and everything runs great.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
just updated to vista, now pro tools does not work
??? Pro Tools works on Windows?

/s
Old 06-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
When launching Pro Tools in Vista Right Click the Pro Tools icon and choose Run As Administrater. This is how the guys at Digi ALWAYS run PT, which may explain why they have a hard time figuring out why end users are having so many problems. Since I started launching this way EVERYTIME all errors have disappeared. Im rock solid, i even have IE8 installed, i had IE8 open and PT open at the same time today and everything runs great.
you probly didnt read the whole thread, but im not a novice pc user. theres no option to even run as admin on my pc, i removed it. my account is perminant admin, everything always runs as admin by default so i never have to do that to every program i have to run, and that stupid "are u sure u wanna do this" window doesnt pop up either, becuz its all automatic, and it is in xp sp2 compatibility mode.

its some kind of latency issue now. becuz it opens fine now, it just wont play for more than a second or two no matter wat i set the buffer to. its not the hdd either, cuz now its 7200 rpm 32mb cache