Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Anyone Controlling Strike With Axiom 61?

The video at the AIR demo shows the guy controlling Strike with an M-Audio keyboard controller. I got the Axiom 61 and now need some help on getting it to mplay nice with Strike. Anyone out there do this?
Thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 07:14 AM

Default RE: I\'m Using A Vintage Yamaha ...

Quote:
I got the Axiom 61 and now need some help on getting it to mplay nice with Strike.

Hey Pete, I'm using a vintage Yamaha fm the 80s with no problems ... the mod wheel & pitch bend wheel have been assigned to Intensity & Complexity. However, they can be assigned (learned) to any map/key you choose.

Certainly with all the bells & whistles of your Axiom, it can "learn" all the mapping and than some ... check out page 39 of the Strike Manual.

Quite simple to setup really ...

Old 10-19-2006, 08:19 AM

Default Re: RE: I\'m Using A Vintage Yamaha ...

Quote:
Quote:
I got the Axiom 61 and now need some help on getting it to mplay nice with Strike.

Hey Pete, I'm using a vintage Yamaha fm the 80s with on problems ... the mod wheel & pitch bend wheel have been assigned to Intensity & Complexity. However, they can be assigned (learned) to any map/key you choose.

Certainly with all the bells & whistles of your Axiom, it can "learn" all the mapping and than some ... check out page 39 of the Strike Manual.

Quite simple to setup really ...
Thanks, The learn function did the trick for me!
Pete
Old 10-19-2006, 08:27 AM
AIR Music Technology

Default Re: RE: I\'m Using A Vintage Yamaha ...

Hi all,

for M-Audio MIDI keyboard users, the Enigma tool is quite helpful - you can setup and manage presets for certain plug-ins and other software and your M-Audio keyboards.
Upcoming Strike updates will contain Enigma templates for optimal control.

Get Enigma here, it's free :

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.enigma

Regards,

Wolfram K