Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 09:09 AM

Default PT crash during importing audio

PT crash when I try to import audio from the audio list. Then I get that messege "The application Pro Tools 6.4 has unexpectedly quit".
It also happens the same thing when I try to preview some audiosuite plug ins.
I am usully running a quicktime movie in the sessions.

I thank you all.

Damiao Lopes , Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

POWER MAC G4 1.0 DUAL, 1 GIG RAM , MAC 10.3.4
PRO TOOLS LE 6.4cs9 , DIGI 001
2 HDs for the ATA 100 (1 for system,1 for audio media)
1 HD for the ATA 66 (just for the quicktime movies)
Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 AM

Default Re: PT crash during importing audio

I am having, and have been having, the exact same problem. I also have almost exactly the same set up you have...Digi 001, Dual 1G Mac, 1G RAM, but I am using plain old 6.4LE and have NOTHING ELSE running at the time.

Before DigiTechSupt posts that we should try all of the troubleshooting methods listed, blah, blah...let me assure you, I have.

So far as I can tell, and from what I've read, this is a bug in Pro Tools LE where if you are at half or over half CPU power in your session, due to plug-in count, importing audio or previewing audio will cause Pro Tools to crash.

The only thing that has ever worked for me is to eliminate a plug-in or two to get the CPU count down below half, then attempt to import or preview again, and no crash occurs.

This is a sh***y workaround, and as far as I can tell this hasn't ever been addressed or admitted to by Digi that this is a bug...probably because the Digi 001 is no longer supported. You know...that's big business' way of saying we should give them more money and upgrade even though our current system is sufficient for our uses.

If anyone has found a better workaround, I'd appreciate them posting, but more than likely I'd guess that no one will reply, because I've yet to see a solution posted to this problem, and if you search the DUC for "+import +quit", you'll see many other brethren with the same issue.

I'd also like to know if anyone has the same issue with the Digi 002...because, yes, I will probably give Digi more money if only not to hear that the unit isn't supported!!!

Rig: MacBook Pro (15,1) 6-Core i7 2.6GHz / 32GB RAM / OS 13.5.2 / PT 2023.9 / Waves Horizon v14 / iZotope Music Production Suite 4.1 / Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB / Apple SSD AP1024M 1 TB (System), Samsung T5 SSD 1 TB (Audio) / Cal-Digit TS3 Plus TB3 Dock / Genelec 1030A Monitors
Old 03-10-2006, 07:43 AM

Hey man , thanks a lot for your help. I do agree with you.Do I have to really close plug in in oder to low processor, or can I just by pass them?

Hi Digitech ,any comments?
Old 08-25-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
I am having, and have been having, the exact same problem. I also have almost exactly the same set up you have...Digi 001, Dual 1G Mac, 1G RAM, but I am using plain old 6.4LE and have NOTHING ELSE running at the time.

Before DigiTechSupt posts that we should try all of the troubleshooting methods listed, blah, blah...let me assure you, I have.

So far as I can tell, and from what I've read, this is a bug in Pro Tools LE where if you are at half or over half CPU power in your session, due to plug-in count, importing audio or previewing audio will cause Pro Tools to crash.

The only thing that has ever worked for me is to eliminate a plug-in or two to get the CPU count down below half, then attempt to import or preview again, and no crash occurs.

This is a sh***y workaround, and as far as I can tell this hasn't ever been addressed or admitted to by Digi that this is a bug...probably because the Digi 001 is no longer supported. You know...that's big business' way of saying we should give them more money and upgrade even though our current system is sufficient for our uses.

If anyone has found a better workaround, I'd appreciate them posting, but more than likely I'd guess that no one will reply, because I've yet to see a solution posted to this problem, and if you search the DUC for "+import +quit", you'll see many other brethren with the same issue.

I'd also like to know if anyone has the same issue with the Digi 002...because, yes, I will probably give Digi more money if only not to hear that the unit isn't supported!!!

Hey Man, I got it finally fixed. One of my hard disk was formated in my old computer using mac 9. I reformat it using disk utility and got it solved. I also did all that troubleshooting methods.I hope that works for you too. Good lucky!

Damião Lopes.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.