Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2011, 08:40 AM

Default Bounce to disk each track separately

Hi - I am a new Pro Tools 9 user. I have seen variations of this question posted so I apologize if this is redundant, but none of them were really answered. I have 12 different tracks that I want to export, all as separate .wav files. I have no effects or processing on these tracks at all. They are simply 12 different speaking tracks that I need exported to separate files. Is there a way to do this without having to bounce them one at a time. Also, is there a way to do this NOT in real time? Thanks.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:51 AM

Default Re: Bounce to disk each track separately

If all you need to do is create wavs and not keep plugin or automation stuff, you need to consolidate not bounce. Group your tracks, or use the 'all' edit group if it's the whole session you're doing. Now select the appropriate start and end time in the timeline, make sure all your fades are in place, and select edit>consolidate selection. (or just hit alt-shift-3) It's an offline process, no need to do it realtime.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 AM

highlight all tracks together, then simply consolidate them (shift +ctrl + 3) (MAC Shift + Option + 3) if i remeber but im not 100% sure the shortcut. then open your project folder go to audio and the files are gonna be there. no need for bouncing 1 by 1
Old 07-06-2011, 09:01 AM

You could also just use the "export" command in the Regions bin, if your files are single regions, ready to go.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:40 AM

Also before you consolidate, go to Disk allocation and select a new folder for all the tracks and they will go into that folder when you consolidate. You can put x fades and fade in and out on these tracks and even include blank space, it will consolidate as one file. If you want to keep the edited versions, unconsolidated, duplicate the playlists before consolidating.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 AM

It depends on the session and target sample rates and bit depths. If they're the same, you can simply consolidate as suicune said, then copy them from the Audio Files folder to wherever you need.

If the bit depth of the target is the same as the session bit depth, but the target sample rate is different, you must export after consolidating.

If the bit depth is lower but the sample rate is the same, you must bounce in real time in order to dither properly, unless you have a plug-in that can apply dither at the appropriate level via Audiosuite. Or if you have another program that can apply dither in non-real time (BIAS Peak on Mac, e.g. I assume Wavelab on Windows would do it), you can open them in that and save them with dither at the lower depth instead of bouncing in PT.

If you need to change sample rate and reduce bit depth, it should be done in two stages. First, export the consolidated files to the new sample rate at the session bit depth. Then open those files in a new session and bounce down to the lower depth with dither, or apply dither via Audiosuite or a separate program.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB