How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Strike - possible improvements

Hey there at Digi (AIR)

Just got the Strike and generally it sounds great, its easy to use ect. Unfortunately there are a few things I would be happy to see improved

1) It should be posible to lock or freeze the mix window so the panning and outputs arent affected when a new kit or style is chosen. I know I can save it as a mix but it is dubble work in some how, if its only the style im after.

2) Some of the styles doesnt seem to respond as they should to timing and feel ajustments. If they are played back in loop-mode the get awfully out of beat making it almost impossible to record fx. a guitar

3) If I make a midi region with one note per bar to tricker the verse a/b/c/d I cant start in the middle of a bar. Strike starts playing off-beat and it wont fall back into the proper beat.

4) Will there be upgrade kits like Reason and BFD already have? It would be nice with some new drumsets.

I hope you guys will solve these problems and hear my prayers.

Thanks

Jakob
Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Strike - possible improvements

Quote:
Hey there at Digi (AIR)

Just got the Strike and generally it sounds great, its easy to use ect. Unfortunately there are a few things I would be happy to see improved

1) It should be posible to lock or freeze the mix window so the panning and outputs arent affected when a new kit or style is chosen. I know I can save it as a mix but it is dubble work in some how, if its only the style im after.

2) Some of the styles doesnt seem to respond as they should to timing and feel ajustments. If they are played back in loop-mode the get awfully out of beat making it almost impossible to record fx. a guitar

3) If I make a midi region with one note per bar to tricker the verse a/b/c/d I cant start in the middle of a bar. Strike starts playing off-beat and it wont fall back into the proper beat.

4) Will there be upgrade kits like Reason and BFD already have? It would be nice with some new drumsets.

I hope you guys will solve these problems and hear my prayers.

Thanks

Jakob

I don't understand your first issue.... But save it as amix, open the kit and style you want, then open your mix...
2) and 3), Click the wrench on the left, the choose sync to bar, that should fix both.....Ps.. This is all in the manual, and other discussions in this forum...

and 4), yeah i'm down for more kits, but mailny for add on styles, loops etc.

The Note Music
www.myspace.com/thenotemusic
Dual 2.0Ghz PPC 3gb Ram, Digi 002R
Old 10-21-2006, 03:10 AM

The first issue was merely ment as a timesaver. I thought i did try the sync to bar thing with no result, but i will give it a second try.

I would definitely go for more kits and also added sample layers instead of styles.

But why not get it all
Old 10-25-2006, 04:18 AM
AIR Music Technology

Hi Jakob,

you don't have to pray for virtual instrument improvements, but your thoughts are welcome.

1) There's a solution to your problem: Just load Styles, Kits, or Mixes from the Browser as desired. If you load one, none of them will replace the other. Indeed - if you load a whole SETTINGS file, it will replace everything, but that's intended to have a file format which covers all aspects of the whole instrument. Believe it or not: a "freeze button" was considered during development but was dropped in favour of this quite more elegant concept.

2) You're stating a fact - if you change the timing and feel of a groove extremely, it might get awful out of pace (one might say "humanize")from a musical point of view - but that's intended with these functions - the loop is still technically correct running (insert a Click on an Aux Input track to verify!).

3) Make sure that Beat Sync in the Configuration window is set to "Bar", and activate "Note Chasing" on your Instrument track and erverything should be fine!

4)Sadly, I'm not in a position to reveal any plans regarding this matter.

Hej, hej!

Wolfram K
Old 10-31-2006, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Hi Jakob,

4)Sadly, I'm not in a position to reveal any plans regarding this matter.

Hej, hej!

Wolfram K

I sincerely hope the "hej, hej!" means that we will soon have some nice cowbell samples available for Strike.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:46 AM

Dear Digi -

I bought my PT 7.1 HD3 on Aug 24, 2006.. should I have received Strike as part of the Package? Mac OS 10.4.7 with Pw G5

Jay
Old 10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I bought my PT 7.1 HD3 on Aug 24, 2006.. should I have received Strike as part of the Package?
No, Strike is not part of the HDpack v6.0 or other bundled plug-ins included with new Pro Tools|HD 3 systems. You can find a list of all bundled plug-ins in the Pro Tools|HD 3 Accel Systems products section:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?itemid=4888

Strike is an optional plug-in purchase. For information, see the Strike product section:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?itemid=4952