Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 05:22 PM

Default How To Set Up Strike With V-Drums

I want to use Strike as a drum module and trigger from my Roland TD-3.
How would I do that. I've racked my brain and read the PDF manual but to no avail.
TIA.
Pete
Studio
Old 10-18-2006, 06:33 AM

Default Re: How To Set Up Strike With V-Drums

I recommend finding a kit that you like in Strike(Or building it from scratch), and then play a few patterns to see if it has the sound you are after. You could then do it one of two ways:

1) Create new midi channels for each input, and assign the midi inputs to your individual drum triggers and the midi outputs to the corresponding midi channels in Strike.

2) The shortcut: Play a pattern or 2. Export it to midi, which creates all the channels used in that kit. The best part is, the Strike channels(midi outputs) are already assigned and labeled(Saving you a bunch of work!), so just assign the midi inputs to your corresponding drum triggers. Wipe out the midi data that was placed in those tracks by Strike to start with a clean slate, and away you go!!

That being said, if you want to use Strike as a sound module only, you might be better off with something like Battery 3, which is strictly a drum sampler/sound module.