Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2002, 02:50 PM

Default Re: 192 & 2" Transfer Test Ideas aka: Return Of The PT Jedi

Quote:
Originally posted by michael c:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by loudist:
as do internet cheap shots...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As do internet sycophants...........<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">as in a digi sycophant like yourself?
Old 05-15-2002, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Although I have been cast as the Pro Tools Partisan in the cosmic battle waged between the Transdigisonimagnaspectroscopists (those who convince others that PT is perfect by exaggerating its flaws), and the Hypodigitransendipthologists (those who convince others that PT is hopelessly flawed by exagerating its virtues), if anything, my own bias leans more towards your position.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">MMM, I think you have the basis for a doctoral thesis here. It's about time that someone took a scholarly look at the situation. I'm going to make an attempt to work your newly coined terms into everyday conversation. (I can't wait to see them show up in spelling bees.)

In order to have these terms more rapidly assimilated into the language, perhaps a catchy tune could be written to help us all remember them. Something on the order of the song "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" would do nicely. Is Dick Van Dyke available these days?

Lee Blaske
Old 05-15-2002, 03:59 PM

I remember saying that this PT Jedi test should be wrapped up before the next Star Wars movie came out or no one would care. Time's running out. I have tickets for tomorrow.

Lynn Fuston
3D Audio Inc
Music Mixing and Mastering
On a scenic hilltop outside of historic
Franklin, Tennessee
http://www.3daudioinc.com
email:[email protected]
Old 05-15-2002, 04:19 PM

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the ride guys and gals. If the 192 has half the basso profundo of this thread, then the test -- whatever the outcome -- suddenly seems quite incidental.

Cheers All!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:33 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Lynn Fuston:
I remember saying that this PT Jedi test should be wrapped up before the next Star Wars movie came out or no one would care. Time's running out. I have tickets for tomorrow.

Early reviews make it sound like this thread is better entertainment. Scary...