Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 11-22-2004, 06:41 PM

Default odd relinking behavior -- linking the wrong files

hey fellow puzzle solvers...riddle me this...

I work on a TV series with music stems coming in for each episode. The stems are named similarly (3m1 Orchestra, etc.) without a show identifier. I keep them in their own folder outside of the Audio Files folder, but within the session folder. Each session has its own folder (episode 1, 2, 3, etc).

When I do a track transfer from one computer to another and the session asks for files, automatically relinking will go to the wrong files. Pro Tools will actually look outside of the session folder and grab older files. The only solution I've found is to drag the older sessions into the trash and import tracks again, then save when it's found the right files. For whatever reason the unique identifiers don't make any difference.

I've been able to replicate the situation on multiple TDM and LE systems, all running versions of PT 6.2-6.4. It's really starting to be annoying, since we end up occasionally pulling files from earlier sessions. Also adds some more steps when transferring archives to other drives.

Thanks in advance for tips.