Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 03:55 AM

Default PT DAE-folder not found

Hi all.

On installing a couple of plugins I got the message "DAE-folder not found" or so. It couldn't therefore install my new Autotune.

I'm using PTLE 6.4 here w/001. Did I do something wrong when I installed my PT? Any suggestions?

Voideco.

Metric Halo ULN8 3D Interface, NI Komplete Control S49 midikeyboard

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: PT DAE-folder not found

It's strongly suggested that you install to your C: (boot) drive.

Which language OS are you running and what's the exact path to your DAE Plug-ins folder?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-25-2005, 02:55 PM

Quote:
It's strongly suggested that you install to your C: (boot) drive.

Which language OS are you running and what's the exact path to your DAE Plug-ins folder?

Rail
Hi Rail.

Well I did install PTLE (6.4) in C:\Program Files. My OS is Windows XP Pro with SPI included already. No security updates, no internetconnection, clean as a baby.

About the location of the DAE folder, I'm not sure. At the moment I'm downstairs sitting behind another pc, I should go and take a look. Oh wait, there is no DAE folder at all. It should be on the location where everybody has it, PT setup doesn't deviate from standard installation procedures I assume.

Thanks for the reply, I'm trying to get a grip on this thing, maybe I should install PTLE over the current installation so that an option would appear to repair/overwrite a previous installation. As long as I haven't tried that yet it remains an option to me unless you tell me it won't work.

Still hoping for answers/tips/etc.

Tnx ,

Walther,

Voideco

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:57 PM

The path for plug-ins with 6.4 should be:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 07-25-2005, 03:27 PM

Yeah, I've got it. I'm upstairs now and behind my rig. Found the folder, don't know why I could find it the first time but it was because of some errormessage saying: "DAE-folder nor found" or so. Then the installation of Autotune failed due to the error on my pc.

Meanwhile I'm having these ennoying errormessages on PT startup. Think they all find their cause in the same error, one problem with various symptoms I suppose. I installed a couple of demo plugz as well yesterday or the day before, can't try any of them because of another error, or the same but with another message.

Sorry for thoughtlessly ringing the alarm. I'm having loads of issues happening since the installation of the plugz, but I guess I'll have to study deeper in the material myself prior to asking any questions. So will anything I ask make more sense.

In order to see the message about the missing DAE-folder again I guess I'd have to install that particular plugin again but I forgot which one. Ah well, another learningcurve I suppose.

Thanks for your time and good luck Rail.

Walther

Voideco