Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Default Moving PT 10 auths to different iLok WITHOUT replacing PT 9 auths = maddening

I have two iLoks, one which has most of my plugin auths, and also has my PT 9 and PT 9 HD and PT 8 HD auths on it, which appear to all be in a bundle.
This iLok IS covered by Zero Downtime.

My 2nd iLok is NOT covered by ZDT. This is the iLok where I downloaded my PT 10 and PT 10 HD auths. This is apparently a bundle auth of PT 9, 9 HD, PT 10, and 10 HD.

I WISH TO MOVE THIS PT 9, 9 HD, PT 10, 10 HD BUNDLE TO THE ILOK WITH ZDT WITHOUT LOSING THE 2ND PT 9 and PT 9 HD BUNDLE ON MY 2ND ILOK!!!!!!!

I do not have a 3rd iLok.

When I go to ilok.com and select the PT 9, 9 HD, PT 10, 10 HD bundle to move it to my iLok with ZDT, it’s saying:

"The following licenses exist on the targe iLok and may be replaced by licenses selected for transfer"

NO!! I DO NOT WANT MY PT 9 AUTHS TO ALL MERGE ON ONE ILOK!!! I want to transfer my PT 10 and 9 auths bundle to one, and then transfer my PT 9 and PT 8 bundle of auths back over to the blank iLok.

CAN I DO THIS??? It seems like I need a 3rd iLok just to do this without literally losing auths because ilok seems to want to merge them.

A friend replied in response to my problem saying, "The system will not remove your old bundle, because it is not exactly the same. New bundle has HD9/HD10 and the old one has HD8/HD9 so therefore it cannot remove your HD8 in any case.

What it does is "queueing" the duplicate license. It is its way of saying you don’t need two licenses of same type on single key. Once you have both bundles on one key you can see what I’m talking about. And you can transfer one of the bundles back to another key, whether it was marked as "queued" or not."

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THEY HAVE DONE THIS PLEASE!!! I really don't want to have to buy a 3rd iLok just to transfer these licenses without losing a single license of the bunch.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Moving PT 10 auths to different iLok WITHOUT replacing PT 9 auths = maddening

I had a HD8 license and bought the HD10 upgrade, when i went to my iLok account to download the new license i had to "surrender"
my 8 license but my new one runs 8, 9 and 10. Not sure though if this is always the case since mine was an upgrade.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Moving PT 10 auths to different iLok WITHOUT replacing PT 9 auths = maddening

Thanks for the reply. My issue is that I literally have 2 separate PT 9 and PT 9 HD bundles on different iloks....it's just that one of them is bundled with PT 8 HD on one iLok, and the other is bundled with PT 10 and PT 10 HD on the other iLok

I just do not want to merge these two completely separate PT 9 and PT 10 auths. They are not from upgrades. Are both completely independently owned by me for 2 systems.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:03 PM

Is it possible that once you did the transfer and then whatever was duplicated became queued. You could then transfer back whatever you want.
ilok say this.

Subject to software publisher limitations, queued licenses or bundles can be transferred to another iLok where they will become active licenses if no other licenses for these products are already on the destination iLok.

I suppose its whether or not you can un-bundle (select only PT9 and PT9HD)
which would be queued.
I,m no expert.. i was searching for ilok info which led me here.
Its convoluted for sure.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:15 PM

It's the fact that the warning tells me licenses may be REPLACED on the target ilok that scares me.

AVID, can anyone chime in?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:02 AM

I bought a 3rd iLok today. It was worth the peace of mind.
PT Ultimate
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 AM