Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 05-01-2000, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Bouncing to disk to free dsp

Hiya noisemakers. I've used Amp FArm extensively and I use the same bounce technique for any tracks that I want to bounce with ANY given effect. The first thing I do is create a duplicate playlist for the track. Then I save any plug in settings TO THE SESSION folder (unless of course you want to use it universally for other tunes, then save it as a preset). When performing the bounce, I give the audio file an extension for its name like "vocal 1 bounce" and select "import into session after bounce." After the bounce, I SPOT drag the file onto the new duplicate playlist track and remove any plugins bounced. I can then recognize the bounced playlist as the one containing the "vocal 1 bounce" (ie.)or I can revert to the original unbounced track via the PREVIOUS PLAYLIST by restoring the original plugs and settings. I hope this makes sense and helps the flow!

------------------
[email protected] " TARGET=_blank>www.flavor32.com
[email protected] </A>
http://www.mckaygarner.com
Old 05-01-2000, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Bouncing to disk to free dsp

Thanks flavor32...I like that approach a lot. One good thing about it is that you can safely do a 'Select unused regions' and 'Clear selected' to clean up the session without accidentally loosing your original dry track, as it is still in use in a playlist.

Regarding the bounce to disk, one somewhat OT question comes to mind. When bouncing a mono track to disk, is it possibly better to just record the bounce onto a new track using a mono buss, rather than actually using bounce to disk? It seems to me that, when using bounce to disk, the mixer is splitting the mono track to the masters, and the bounce to a mono file is summing them together...seems like a lot of unnecessary mixer processing. On the other hand, with the track panned hard left or right, I suppose this may not be occuring anyway....any opinions???

Thanks in advance and thanks for all the above posts!

Tom