Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2024, 12:02 PM

Default EUCON 23.11 - auto scrolling to top of session after returning from other apps

Hi everyone - recently updated to EUCON 23.11 and since updating noticed that whenever I return to Pro Tools from another app (like RX or Soundminer) that EUCON is focusing my edit window back to the first track in the session - I've not noticed this behaviour prior to updating. I have to then either scroll back to the track I was focusing on, or select an appropriate fader on the S1 to take me back to the track I was working on. I'm working on a large film project with over 500 tracks, so you can appreciate that this is quite cumbersome. If I deactivate EUCON from Pro Tools everything behaves as expected, so I'm pretty confident EUCON is the culprit. Incidentally I've also noticed it doing the same thing when I delete tracks

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Running EUCON 23.11.0.121
4 x S1s, 1 x Dock and 1 x iPad Pro Tablet - all on latest versions
Pro Tools 23.12 Ultimate running as Apple Native
Old 01-04-2024, 12:30 PM

Default Re: EUCON 23.11 - auto scrolling to top of session after returning from other apps

Do you have scroll to track option turned on in PT's preferences?
Do you have Eucon locked to Pro Tools (whitelist application.) Since RX and Soundminer don't use Eucon, there's no reason for Eucontrol to lose focus from Pro Tools.
I use both but have my PT and Eucon locked and don't see this issue.
Old 01-06-2024, 03:24 PM

Default Re: EUCON 23.11 - auto scrolling to top of session after returning from other apps

These are the settings (which have not changed since the previous version)

The following are enabled:

Attention most recently selected track (legacy)
Select most recently attentioned track
Attention on select button press

The following are NOT enabled:

Auto bank to selected track
Select by touch
Bank by whole surface

The following applications are listed in the applications list (white listed). Again, unchanged from previous version

Pro Tools 23
DADman

Transport is locked to Pro Tools
Monitor & Control Room are locked to DADman

It seems the only way to force regular behavior is to toggle Eucon off and on again from within Pro Tools ��
Old 01-06-2024, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesa5454 View Post
The following are enabled:

Attention most recently selected track (legacy)
Select most recently attentioned track
Attention on select button press

The following are NOT enabled:

Auto bank to selected track
Select by touch
Bank by whole surface
^^^ These are all settings in Eucontrol.
I'm specifically referring to settings in Pro Tools. Pro Tools has its own set of preferences that have to do with control surfaces.
In Pro Tools, go to Setup > Preferences > Mixing Tab > Controllers box (top right.) List those.
Quote:
The following applications are listed in the applications list (white listed). Again, unchanged from previous version

Pro Tools 23
DADman

Transport is locked to Pro Tools
Monitor & Control Room are locked to DADman
People misunderstand these settings all the time. You do NOT have to have DADman in the application "whitelist" at the top in order to lock Monitor & Control Room to DADman. They are two separate controls -- you can focus to an application and then lock to it for the bottom two checkboxes without adding the application to the whitelist section.
Take DADman out of the application whitelist section and Eucon will always stay locked to Pro Tools. (and monitor and control room will stay locked to DADman)
Old 01-07-2024, 12:30 PM

Thanks BScout,

In Pro Tools, the following is set. Again - nothing changed since previous version

Edit Window Follows - banking (yes) select (yes)
Mix Window Follows - banking (yes) select (yes)

(yes) - Scroll to track banks Controllers
(no) - Always Fill Channel Strips when Banking
(yes) - Always Show EUCON Assignable Knob Highlight
Old 01-07-2024, 02:39 PM

After a bit more experimenting, I can confirm that removing DADman from the list of applications in EUCON has made no difference (nor would I have expected it to - I was not switching to/from DADman in the first place).

However, un-ticking Editing/Mix Window Follows Banking in Pro Tools does seem to have fixed it. If this is the case, then somehow the first track in my session was being 'banked' to when switching back to Pro Tools from another application.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:14 PM

Quote:
If this is the case, then somehow the first track in my session was being 'banked' to when switching back to Pro Tools from another application.
Yes, I don't keep that checked. (BTW, it will happen to the mix window too but it is usually not the front focused window in Pro Tools -- most people have the edit window; and then again it's let's obvious on the mix window because you can see a lot more tracks.)

Your settings match mine now.

One question, on your Eucon surfaces, when you leave focus of Pro Tools to go to Soundminer, etc, is your left track on the surface the first track in your session? I've never checked (since I've had that unselected forever) but that would explain the banking.
The "Edit Window follows banking" is supposed to align Pro Tools to the surface (so the surface is creating the focus to include the first track.) I've always had that off because I find it annoying for my edit window to change unless I choose select on a track.