Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2012, 11:35 AM

Default SC 48 Stereo Channel Aux bussing issues

I have recently run into an issue that I've never experienced before.

While running subs off an aux I noticed that my stereo channels weren't sending to the auxes. If you adjust the right offset you are able to get the aux to send, but then obviously that channel leans to 1 side. I've been using the SC48 for a couple years now, and have never encountered this problem, and it is occurring on multiple desks.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Old 08-24-2012, 11:41 AM

Default Re: SC 48 Stereo Channel Aux bussing issues

are you using the version 3 software ?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Avid

Hi,

Can you tell us a bit more about the configuration? E.g., How are the auxes set up - as mono, stereo, or stereo with aux follows pan enabled. I just checked all of these combinations on a console here and all seems to be in order, so there must be something different about our setups.

And just to confirm - the subs are being fed from an aux, not the Centre/Mono channel of the Mains bus, and not via a Matrix?

If you have a show file exhibiting this feel free to send it to venuesupport(at)avid(dot)com and reference this post.

Sheldon
Old 08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Avid

Hi - one addendum to this...

If the inputs feeding the stereo channel are out of phase, or if the phase button on the stereo channel is turned on then the two channels will exhibit a high degree of cancellation if summed to a mono aux.

Sheldon
Old 08-28-2012, 12:30 PM

Mono Aux, aux 7 to be exact. Channels were not out of phase. The weirdest thing about this, it was happening on 2 different desks at the same time, and the next day, both consoles worked normally. Don't know why it worked out this way, but it did.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Avid

Weird indeed. Any chance the inputs themselves were coming in out of phase (mis-wired snake, polarity flipped on a DI box, etc.)?

Keep an eye out for it, and if it happens again capture a show file and send it in, we'll jump on it and take a look.

Sheldon
Old 08-29-2012, 08:58 AM

I'm going to vote for inverted polarity on one of the channels somewhere in the signal chain as well. I just had a bad stereo playback issue from someone's ipod. My subs are on an aux send as well. I had used my iPhone with the signal generator app by AudioTools. The default output mode with that app is to use the headphone output as a balanced out (polarity inverted on the right channel). So when I use that app, I invert the polarity on one channel of the Venue's stereo input reserved for iPods. Forgot to set it back. Oops!

Exclusively at the Miners Foundry