Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-10-2019, 07:31 PM

Default Logic Pro X 10.4.8 and Eucon

Hi all,
As Eddie had suggested might be coming, the latest update to LogicPro X appears to have fixed the longstanding plugin refresh issue.
Thanks Eddie!!!
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-11-2019, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Logic Pro X 10.4.8 and Eucon

Should add however, things were a bit funky until I did a full system restart etc. Some of the Dock transport buttons and other commands were out of whack big time. (just incase anyone comes across the same.) All great after the restart

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Hi all,
As Eddie had suggested might be coming, the latest update to LogicPro X appears to have fixed the longstanding plugin refresh issue.
Thanks Eddie!!!
Confirming same thing - good to see.

I wonder if there were any Eucon-specific Logic improvements per the list Eddie asked us to contribute to on this forum. Logic Release notes were vague.

Eddie do you know if any bugs or feature improvements were done this Logic Release off of your guidance to them?
Old 12-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Avid

Yes the Inserts issue was the only thing they reported to me yesterday for this release. If you come across any more bad bugs let me know.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes the Inserts issue was the only thing they reported to me yesterday for this release. If you come across any more bad bugs let me know.
For Logic its pretty unusable as I have to restart Logic Project or Eucon App every 1 to 5 minutes.

I am still getting sporadically - (every 1-5 minutes) with Logic a non-responsive state for channel functions. When in Channel, the center screen of the iPad (in the dock or on its own) suddenly displays just the eight Channel Mode categories (Insert, Input, Dyn, EQ, Sends, Pan, Group, Mix) on the top left quadrant in center of screen.

Only Pan and Sends are functional. Clicking the other Channel Modes gets no response. It also happens with the connected Mix (so occurs Control only in tablet, Dock with Control in Tablet and Mix also).

I cannot isolate it to pressing one button or a particular duration but it has happened with using Config with Inserts and also Sends.

Each of the control devices appear in Eucon My Surfaces and again the other functions work.

I had this also before this Logic and Eucontrol update.

On current Eucontrol and Logic (today's update) and Mojave 10.14.6 and current iPad (6th gen) with current IOS 13.3

This ocurrs with app on wifi or with dock, ipad and mix wired with ethernet hub.

When its not in this non-responsive state everything is fine.

Either restarting Logic project or restarting Eucon app always fixes it.

In this state everything functions except the Channel Functions aside from Pan and Send.

Last edited by sjgam; 12-12-2019 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgam View Post
For Logic its pretty unusable as I have to restart Logic Project or Eucon App every 1 to 5 minutes.

I am still getting sporadically - (every 1-5 minutes) with Logic a non-responsive state for channel functions. When in Channel, the center screen of the iPad (in the dock or on its own) suddenly displays just the eight Channel Mode categories (Insert, Input, Dyn, EQ, Sends, Pan, Group, Mix) on the top left quadrant in center of screen.

Only Pan and Sends are functional. Clicking the other Channel Modes gets no response. It also happens with the connected Mix (so occurs Control only in tablet, Dock with Control in Tablet and Mix also).

I cannot isolate it to pressing one button or a particular duration but it has happened with using Config with Inserts and also Sends.

Each of the control devices appear in Eucon My Surfaces and again the other functions work.

I had this also before this Logic and Eucontrol update.

On current Eucontrol and Logic (today's update) and Mojave 10.14.6

This ocurrs with app on wifi or with dock, ipad and mix wired with ethernet hub.

When its not in this non-responsive state everything is fine.

Either restarting Logic project or restarting Eucon app always fixes it.

In this state everything functions except the Channel Functions aside from Pan and Send.
Yes, I have seen this also now...
However, it doesn't occur if I do my insert and send conferring via the S3.

Old 12-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
Yes, I have seen this also now...
However, it doesn't occur if I do my insert and send conferring via the S3.
Yeah its a bit sporadic - I can do insert and send config and parameter edits and its ok. Then it goes into this state - not sure whats triggering it.

I attached a iphone photo of the screen when its in this state if useful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9839.jpg (50.9 KB, 0 views)