Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 10-18-2020, 06:51 PM

Default oof, how do i install this?

Avid just sent me a rar (for pro tools first) with no instructions, just files. Never ran into this, what do i do?

Last edited by raquelchicajazz; 10-18-2020 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:20 PM

Default Re: oof, how do i install this?

anyway i tried just using the app installers with in the rar and after set up and upon starting i get this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first.jpg (29.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-19-2020, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelchicajazz View Post
Avid just sent me a rar (for pro tools first) with no instructions, just files. Never ran into this, what do i do?
A rar file is a compressed file. A simple Google search would have turned up this and other things about rar: https://www.howtogeek.com/73904/begi...-and-mac-os-x/
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquelchicajazz View Post
anyway i tried just using the app installers with in the rar and after set up and upon starting i get this
Since you don't give us any sort of system info it's hard to answer the question. There's a great bunch of knowledgeable people here but we're not remote viewers and can't even begin to how your system is set up. Please read & follow the 'Help Us To Help You' link that's at the top of every page here.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 10-20-2020 at 04:31 AM. Reason: grammar correction
Old 10-19-2020, 10:30 AM

Please see the Installing Pro Tools knowledge base article for the latest installation instructions.

You will of course have to extract the installer from the rar file that was sent to you by Avid.

You should also be administrator on your system. If you are not, you will then need to run the installer with elevated permissions.
You can also try running PTF with elevated permissions, which may get you past your issue.

System Details