Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2009, 08:34 AM

Default 8.0.3 - Looks like CPU bug is fixed

All,

I installed the update last night in the midst of a session. A huge no-no in case it didn't work....but I thought I'd be brave and give it a try. Installed fine, rebooted a few times. Opened the session I was just working on and literally continued working. I noticed a few things had changed but it was smooth sailing.

I had confirmed previously on the DUC that the CPU bug from 8.0.0 to 8.0.1 had affected my system same as other users. As of 8.0.3 it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore. I had several instances of Eleven LE and other plugins open and my CPU inside ProTools was sitting around 49%. I pulled up Windows Task Manager and it too was sitting at 49%. I added and removed some plugins very quickly to watch what happened and the CPU load seemed to match up whereas previously the ProTools meter had read about 25% more.

The application feels snappy and I don't detect any stability issues at all. I continued working and dumped several audio clips down at the end of the night and powered down. No issues.

This is on Windows XP. I also have a Windows 7 box with HD as well but I haven't had a chance to try that out yet. I understand this is the first Beta version for ProTools + Win 7 so I will try it and comment on it when I do.

My only dig so far is the the awful purple AVID logo in place of the cool Digidesign logo on the boot up screen.

Avid should be Digidesign ... not the other way around!

Mixing:
ProTools HD 10|Native ~ Avid 96 IO ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-2 QUAD ~ Focusrite Liquid Mix ~ Mackie Control ~ 2 x Mackie Control Extenders

Tracking:
ProTools HD 10|HD1 ~ Lynx Aurora 16 ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ~ 4 GB RAM ~ UAD-1e

Editing:
ProTools HD 10 ~ MacBook ~ Mac OS X Snow Leopard ~ 4 GB RAM
ProTools HD 10 ~ HP Laptop ~ Windows 7 (64-bit) ~ 2 GB RAM