Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-31-2019, 05:26 AM

Default Eleven Plug-in unauthorised

I'm changing over to a new PC and I'm told the Eleven plug-in needs a licence for activation. Never had this problem on my old PC. I thought it was part of the subscription? I have the Avid Plug-in Bundle active on my ilok.

An unrelated nuisance is Avid Link keeps trying to install Black Spring and C1 Chorus/Vibrato, even though they're already installed.

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by jeffro; 05-31-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Moved from the Pro Tools 2019 subforum.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Eleven Plug-in unauthorised

You are told by somebody or you get an message on the computer... what exactly does it say?

You went from what exact versions of Pro Tools and Eleven to what version of Pro Tools and Eleven.

What exact Eleven license is on your iLok?

Most likely causes are you either installed Eleven Mk II when you are licensed for Eleven, there was also a license changes when going from older RTAS Eleven or Eleven LE to AAX. I don’t recall the details on that one now, it will be covered in DUC.

The way to deal with Avid Link issues, as with Application Manager, is uninstall it. Problem solved.
Old 05-31-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You are told by somebody or you get an message on the computer... what exactly does it say?
It says 'Activation is required'.

Quote:
You went from what exact versions of Pro Tools and Eleven to what version of Pro Tools and Eleven.
I went from Pro Tools 2019 (Standard Edition) to the same on the new PC.

Quote:
What exact Eleven license is on your iLok?
This may be where there is an issue. My ilok has Eleven Mk II registered. The plug-in without an activation says, Eleven. I didn't know there were two separate plugins. I installed Eleven because it's on my Avid Link account to be installed.

Quote:
The way to deal with Avid Link issues, as with Application Manager, is uninstall it. Problem solved.
Fine by me.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2019, 11:27 AM

OK

Eleven Mk II contains all the additional amps from the Eleven Rack expansion pack. It's worth having. A little pricy, but it's also part of the Complete Plugin Bundle. Since you have a license for it you really want to make sure you get it.

If you have a separate Eleven Mk II license you may see that on your iLok as an Eleven Mk II Bundle, which contains an Eleven LE, Eleven and Eleven Mk II license. At least that is what I see, that was an upgrade and some confusion license history so maybe if you purchase Eleven Mk II now you just get the Eleven Mk II license. And I expect that will not license Eleven (not Mk II).

If you subscribe to the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle you get a stand alone Eleven Mk II license in that bundle (also expect that may not license Eleven (not Mk II)).

Eleven Mk II installers are available here https://www.avid.com/plugins/eleven-mk-ii

And for reference for others -- Eleven (not Mk II) installers are available here http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-and-Downloads

Whatever you are eligible for should also be provided in your Avid.Com account for download, if you fix your problem and it turns out it was not can you post what was missing here on Avid.com, or if Avid Link was just screwing this up for you, so Avid can fix that or others.

If manually installing Eleven Mk II does not fix this. Try trashing prefs and uninstalling and reinstalling ILM.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Clear View Post
I'm changing over to a new PC and I'm told the Eleven plug-in needs a licence for activation. Never had this problem on my old PC. I thought it was part of the subscription? I have the Avid Plug-in Bundle active on my ilok...
The Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle includes Eleven MK II (installed by the bundle installer) so you can uninstall/remove Eleven. I noticed you also have an expired Avid Complete Plug-In Bundle license on the same iLok so best to deactivate that to prevent licensing conflicts.
Quote:
An unrelated nuisance is Avid Link keeps trying to install Black Spring and C1 Chorus/Vibrato, even though they're already installed.
Please try the Clear Cache Files button in Link's Preferences and let us know the results.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:49 AM

Thanks for your help, guys, the problem was fixed uninstalling Eleven (which I installed because it was in Avid Link, thinking it was Eleven Mk II) and then installing the separate All Plug-in Bundle.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Please try the Clear Cache Files button in Link's Preferences and let us know the results.
I had already take Darryl's advice and uninstalled Avid Link. However, I don't like to be completely self-serving so I re-installed it for your purposes. I found after I signed in, the same problem was there once more. I cleared the cache in the preferences. Quit the app from the tray and re-opened it. It read The plugins failed to download and update not found. For the hell of it, I installed them again in Avid Link and it was the same story.

I've included a couple of screenshots.

I've now uninstalled Avi Link again.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg After Clear Cache.jpg (26.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png After Install.PNG (11.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 PM

Thanks for trying and for following up with your results. Eleven and the 12.x versions of the AIR effects are included as part of your Pro Tools Software Upgrade with Annual Upgrade and Support Plan so that's telling Link what to display. Understand if you don't want to reinstall Avid Link again, but I would recommend that you download/install the 18.8.1 Win version of the AIR Effects Bundle from my.avid.com/products to bring those plug-ins up to date.