Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-04-2008, 04:50 AM

Default Structure Goliath Digi or VST version

i want to run Goliath on my main HD system and on Logic, obviously thats not going to work with the Structure edition on Logic, but does anybody know if the ILOK asset will let me run both versions? Please tell me i don't need to buy it twice!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Structure Goliath Digi or VST version

I tested Goliath and for me there is no need to buy.The quality of the patchers is for a beginners, who have no other libraries. I think you will have overlapping of 50 to 90 percent if you have other libraries.

Instead of the Goliaths Ethno Samples take Rare Instruments, Ethnoworld or/and sounds from Precision Sound. For the loops take iDrum, Strike, BFD2 or Toontrack and Stylus RMX Expanded.

The New Age Sounds from Xpand are better than those from Goliath and you can also do this sounds with the Logic Synthesizers and get Stormnoises coming from NI Reaktor.

For guitars take Real Guitar and Real Strat or if you have the money Chris Hain Guitars. For Bass take Trilogy and for Synths Hybrid, Xpand, Atmosphere, Arturia, Native Instruments or the the Logic Synthies. You can also get samples for downlaod from bestservice, Presicionsound and others. Also install the free version from Indipendence 2 (no RTAS), can only be used in Protools with Kore2.

Also the Kontakt 2 Library can be used inside Structure. The Kontakt2 VSL is very good. I think the main library of Strukture is much better than Goliath. Cause the A.I.R Samples (Wizoo) have a much higher quality than Goliath also the orchestra sounds of the main library are good.

The patching of the Goliath Samples is very simple. Where are the key switches? Only a little bit reverb was added to give the soft knobs a funktion. There was not done very much work on the originals.

Horst

MySpace
Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Structure Goliath Digi or VST version

I tested Goliath and for me there is no need to buy.The quality of the patchers is for a beginners, who have no other libraries. I think you will have overlapping of 50 to 90 percent if you have other libraries.

Instead of the Goliaths Ethno Samples take Rare Instruments, Ethnoworld or/and sounds from Precision Sound. For the loops take iDrum, Strike, BFD2 or Toontrack and Stylus RMX Expanded.

The New Age Sounds from Xpand are better than those from Goliath and you can also do this sounds with the Logic Synthesizers and get Stormnoises coming from NI Reaktor.

For guitars take Real Guitar and Real Strat or if you have the money Chris Hain Guitars. For Bass take Trilogy and for Synths Hybrid, Xpand, Atmosphere, Arturia, Native Instruments or the the Logic Synthies. You can also get samples for downlaod from bestservice, Presicionsound and others. Also install the free version from Indipendence 2 (no RTAS), can only be used in Protools with Kore2.

Also the Kontakt 2 Library can be used inside Structure. The Kontakt2 VSL is very good. I think the main library of Strukture is much better than Goliath. Cause the A.I.R Samples (Wizoo) have a much higher quality than Goliath also the orchestra sounds of the main library are good.

The patching of the Goliath Samples is very simple. Where are the key switches? Only a little bit reverb was added to give the soft knobs a funktion. There was not done very much work on the originals.

Horst

MySpace