Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 05-20-2001, 10:20 PM

Default Display counter pauses (new)

When slaving to my video deck, the counter pauses slightly every second or so. A reply from tech support to similar post as this said to make sure the energy control panel was on "never". THat's the way I have it. Hmmm.

It's a drop frame session, but everything is set up for that. I'm running 5.1. USD numbers seem fine. I have a feeling that this isn't just cosmetic. Can anyone shed light on this for me?

http://www.berkeleysoundartists.com
Old 05-21-2001, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Display counter pauses (new)

I found my problem! I had file sharing turned on. Turning it off made the counter problem go away. So it goes. This after switching out my USD and video deck.

http://www.berkeleysoundartists.com
Old 05-25-2001, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Display counter pauses (new)

You have an extension/control panel conflict with the digi init.
Any networking to printers (especially background), other computers or fax software can cause this.
If you run demo 2 of the free graphing calculator that comes with all Macs you will see the stutter/hesitation there too.
I think it's directly related to how ram is shared. My first fix was to disable the the control strip, having that open can really hit the performance of many AV apps hard, so open and close it as you need it with command +control+S. Although this is supposed to only HIDE it I find otherwise. The best cure is to have a dedicated set of extensions for the Digi app and boot into that. Digi recommends that anyway.