Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2020, 10:27 AM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
B15-N would be good for the old school sound. My preference is the SVT-VR or SVT3 Pro.

You can always demo them each to see which you like.

And here's a video showing each of them

Plugin Alliance Ampeg B-15N vs SVT-3PRO vs SVT-VR vs V-4B - BASS AMP WAR
https://youtu.be/sflS9KcXcf0

It's a great time to stock up on PA plugins for those who don't have the MEGA Bundle. $29 for ANY plugin is insane.
I have most of their stuff; grabbed the Shadow Hills Master Compressor Class A version as I already have the original one.

QAPLA!
Old 02-29-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I have most of their stuff; grabbed the Shadow Hills Master Compressor Class A version as I already have the original one.
I also grabbed that one.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-29-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
I also grabbed that one.
I had demoed it when it first dropped but wasn't enamored of the sound and at $100 (because I have the green light version) I couldn't see spending the money. Now it became worth it and I'm finding it has an energy to it the original seems to not have. Just have to get used to the completely different settings needed.

QAPLA!
Old 02-29-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You're going to have to do two separate orders with one plugin per order.
That's what I did.
Old 03-01-2020, 10:08 AM

I have some plugs of theirs over the years. and I have a Kemper. But for live plug and play (esp bass), and DSP variety....

I can get 2 plugins for $29 each. Or I just may be a hog and buy the $249 subscription. I'm very ill now, that way I can take my time checking the stuff out longer. Always looking for new tools and sounds.

Anyone else just grab the $249 subscription?
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjanthony View Post
I have some plugs of theirs over the years. and I have a Kemper. But for live plug and play (esp bass), and DSP variety....

I can get 2 plugins for $29 each. Or I just may be a hog and buy the $249 subscription. I'm very ill now, that way I can take my time checking the stuff out longer. Always looking for new tools and sounds.

Anyone else just grab the $249 subscription?
I have the sub. Had it since it was announced. I do monthly though.
It's great since you get all the plugins and all updates without paying any extra. If you buy a lot of the PA plugins the sub ends up being cheaper in the long run, unless you just don't need the 110+ plugins of course.

And now you get a $249 voucher back every year you are subscribed. I personally like it and I am usually anti-subscription.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-02-2020, 03:44 AM

The only insanity is other plugin manufacturers offering plugins at $150 and such.

Dirk said there are 1 million vouchers gone out. If they all sell then that's $30 million in revenue on this sale alone. No wonder he's happy for people to share the voucher codes

Anyhow, I bought the Shadow Hills red version. Couldn't demo as I had already demoed it apparently? Thought I demoed the original version. Anyhow, can't say it is doing anything I like for my audio yet. Tried it on the master and had a quick go with bass. No smiles yet I'm afraid. Anyhow, nice looking plugin

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 03-02-2020, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
The only insanity is other plugin manufacturers offering plugins at $150 and such.

Dirk said there are 1 million vouchers gone out. If they all sell then that's $30 million in revenue on this sale alone. No wonder he's happy for people to share the voucher codes

Anyhow, I bought the Shadow Hills red version. Couldn't demo as I had already demoed it apparently? Thought I demoed the original version. Anyhow, can't say it is doing anything I like for my audio yet. Tried it on the master and had a quick go with bass. No smiles yet I'm afraid. Anyhow, nice looking plugin

Stephen
Like I mentioned I demo'd SHMC Red when it first came out and gave it a pass; however the more I work with it the more I find uses for it. It's not good for every style of music (I strictly use the SHMC comps on my 2-bus) and that's why it's good to have both Green (the original) and Red.

You have to get used to using a different gain/setting structure for Red than Green. Red is also hotter on output than Green. Things I love about Red are: resizable gui, controls that move together on left & right when in stereo so if you switch to dual mono you don't have to match the right side controls with the left and mid/side. The TMT doesn't do anything for me because I only use one instance in any session. Would love to see Green get some of the things that Red has.

FYI Red has a bit of a rolloff on the high end - enough that it's noticeable when switching between the two versions. And that's by design according to PA tech support.

QAPLA!
Old 03-02-2020, 11:18 AM

Even though I have the MEGA bundle I was thinking of purchasing a couple plugins to own...but then I got my tax bill...

So, I won't be using my codes

FEB-29-A-59LCPUMF

FEB-29-B-DYJSJD6L

Who ever uses them first gets them. These codes entitle you to *ANY plugin for $29 from Plugin Alliance (*except for the new Friedman amps)

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/

ONE CODE PER PURCHASE!

THE FIRST PERSON TO USE THEM GETS THEM!

Enjoy.

If you use them, take a second to respond here so people know the codes have been used.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-02-2020, 11:25 AM

So I thought I missed this deal. But they seem to have extended it till the 3rd.
I have been demoing all their channel strips all morning. I thought for sure I would just pick up the Focusrite and the SSL 4000G and be done but after trying out the 4000E and the N-Channel I am all confused. I really only use channel strips to start of a tracking or writing session. And as I start shaping the sound I replace most of them with other plug-ins. Anyone have any preferences on any of these?
Or should I just keep using the Waves SSL channel strip and replace it as I have been doing for years. But for $29 a pop how can I not get them.