How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM

Default Strike 1.5 Authorisation Error

Hi Folks,
I've just done a clean install of Protools 8.0.5 on a Snow Leopard machine and including Strike 1.5.

Strike has been previously Authorised and the iLok with authorisation is plugged in.

I was not able to get into Protools at all because the Strike delivered me an error with failed authorisation.... I then just get repeated time out anf the following error message:

"Error. An unexpected authorisation error 14051 occurred"
ID: ePAY : 14051 / Dngl :1537"

I have no idea who to ask for help with this, so please forgive any clumsiness. I look forward to your response.

Thanks in advance,
Charles
Old 08-09-2013, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Strike 1.5 Authorisation Error

Hi Charles
Sorry, I can't offer a solution to this problem, as I have it myself with Strike 1.0 in PT 7.4. Never had a problem with it for several years until last week when authorization suddenly failed. I recently upgraded from 7.3 but everything was working fine. I am in the same situation of groping around in the dark looking for a fix.

Did you get an error box from PACE telling you to reauthorize Strike, before the
"Error. An unexpected authorisation error 14051 occurred"
ID: ePAY : 14051 / Dngl :1537" ?

I called Avid and have started an email dialog with them, and they do seem fairly proactive in trying to help solve the problem. I'm waiting for a response from them.

I also wrote to PACE, you can't call them, and their only response has been that I should send the dongle back to them, to get a replacement. They think it's a hardware issue.

Anyway, if you have found a solution since your post I would be interested in hearing about it, and I will similarly post again if I find a fix.

Gideon
Old 08-09-2013, 08:20 AM

If you have a spare iLok(or own more than one as many of us do), it may be worth an experiment. Move the Strike asset to another iLok and see what happens. I thought(hoped, anyway) that all the nasty iLok issues were behind us, but you never know

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Move the Strike asset to another iLok and see what happens.
I don't have another iLok, but if I did get one I wouldn't know how to do this. What and where is the 'Strike asset'? Can you please explain the process.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Since I don't use Strike, I made the assumption that it was an ilok-based authorization(am I wrong?). I would suggest having a spare iLok anyway(and getting the ZDT coverage, or specify it on your policy if you have insurance for your gear...highly recommended). I would buy an iLok2(the new black&blue one). Some newer things will only work with iLok2, so its not a bad idea. Once you connect it to an internet-enabled computer and log onto your iLok account, it will(should) be found and you will then register the iLok to your account. Once registered, connect the old iLok AND the new one, and drag the assets from the old iLok to the new one(it will tell you when its finished). You might also check youtube for any tutorial videos on using iLoks as its a skill you really need

BTW, Slate Digital often includes a free iLok2 with a plugin purchase and they have some really good stuff, like:
VCC (virtual console collection....very good)
VTM(virtual tape machine....EXCELLENT)
FGX(an excellent mastering comp/limiter)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-10-2013, 03:07 AM

Thanks for you reply.

Yes, Strike is authorized using the iLok. It has worked without problem for several years, until last week. I have an iLok account.

The new iLok License Manager only works on OS 10.5 and above. I run 10.4.11.
It's an old system but it has been stable and reliable for years, so haven't changed it. But now that I have a failure issue there does not appear to be any way for users like me to manage/repair their iLoks. Even if I had another iLok I couldn't perform the procedure you describe below.

iLok does provide a legacy extensions download for my OS, but it has made no difference to my problem.

In Library/Application Support/Pace Anti-Piracy there are two applications called iLok Client Helper and Interlok Helper. Neither of these will open. Possibly they are Power PC apps.

Unfortunately PACE provide next to no support other than their website.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:49 AM

Same problem here. Strike worked and now it doesn't. The license is on the same ilok as ProTool, I can open ProTools but not Strike. Currently chatting to iLok to resolve the issue.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRock41 View Post
Unfortunately PACE provide next to no support other than their website.
That's not true, they have been very helpful with me over the last few weeks. Just drop them an e-mail on the website and they send you an e-mail.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:25 AM

I think this is an iLok problem, since I'm experiencing it too, and I'm using PT MP9.0.0 on a PC with Windows 7, and have been for 1 1/2 years with no authorization issues. Just recently I added licenses for two Antares products onto my iLok. When I next brought up Pro Tools, it told me I needed an authorization for it. It's seems the computer detected my iLok, but not the Pro Tools authorization that was in it. Eventually I got it to work, but if it continues, I think I'll try to find a way to ask iLok about it.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLi View Post
Same problem here. Strike worked and now it doesn't. The license is on the same ilok as ProTool, I can open ProTools but not Strike. Currently chatting to iLok to resolve the issue.
What system are you running? Be very interested to hear about any resolution that you and iLok come up with. Please keep posting.