Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-25-2001, 01:40 AM

Default Can play, but can\'t bounce (-6027)

I have a 15 minute long session that I can play through fine, but when I try to bounce to disk (converting after bounce) PT stops about 10 minutes into it and gives me the message:

"DAE is unable to complete this operation. One or more audio tracks is too dense near the current location (-6027)."

After that sometimes I get a message that DAE is low on memory. Sometimes the Finder spits out a message that the it needs my attention. Then DAE always crashes and I'm forced to reboot.

The point in the session where PT craps out there are only 10 active tracks.

I'm running OS 9.2.1 on a G4/867 with a dual ATTO, & PT 5.1.1. I have 640 MB memory, 100MB to PT and 100 MB to DAE. All my voices are set to "auto", because I'm running some RTAS plugs (only filterbank stuff).

I thought that maybe it was an ATTO issue, but I tried to run the session on a 9600 with an Adaptec card and got the same error message.

The only thing I can think of trying is to move all my RTAS plugs to TDM plugs, and hard setting my voices (taking them out of Auto). Other than that, I'm stumped.

Suggestions anyone?

Mark
Old 08-25-2001, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Can play, but can\'t bounce (-6027)

Interesting... Switching to TDM plugs seemed to fix the problem.

BUT WHY?????

Was it the RTAS plugs? Was it because I had all my voices set to "auto"? Is there something about using the auto feature or RTAS that I'm missing? And why would it work during playback but not during a bounce?
Old 08-25-2001, 06:51 AM

1. Check that you have “Convert After Bounce” checked in your bounce options instead of “Convert During Bounce”
2. In Hardware setup you could try setting the CPU allocation a little higher. Don’t set it too high or this will choke your system too.
3. In your DAE try a higher buffer setting. This might slow down how fast ProTools goes into play but it will definitely improve how it handles edit density.
Old 09-20-2001, 04:23 PM

I found this thread searching for -6027 error info, and I am having a similar problem, although it is happening when I am recording a new track (haven't seen it on BTD) Weirdly, it only seems to be happening on one song, but any session refencing that song (it is not session specific, but may be tied to a particular piece of audio) I have everything auto-voiced, RTAS plugs on a few channels. When I remove the RTAS plugs, I no longer have the error.

There are only 26 tracks in the session, and the error usually occurs early, where only 4 are playing. The RTAS plugs are Filterbank, and there are maybe 6-8 of 'em, so the CPU load is not high. Plenty of mem to DAE and PT, PT 5.1, G4 350/yikes, OS 8.6, yadda, yadda, yadda. Is this a bug or what?
Old 10-09-2001, 11:58 PM

HI! I ALMOST GOT CRAZY RIGHT HERE WITH THE SAME TROUBLE. the local support said that was a bug on version 4.3 that automatically changed the DAE buffer size to ZERO. I just needed to change the size to 2 or 4 and the stuff started performing very well. I just could not bounce files longer than 5 minutes!good luck friend!PEACE!!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 10-14-2001, 06:36 PM

i'm another victem of this 6027 error. session plays until a specific point near the end of the song. at this point i get the error always upon first complete run through. i can play through this point without the error. i only get the error after playing up until that exact point from the beginning of the song. the DAE is corrupted as a result and must be replaced.
i'm running PT24 with beige G3 266, 418 RAM, OS 9.0.4 (9.1 doesn't seem to like G3's without usb ports built-in). same problem occurs with either approved scsi or internal ATA drive.
after going through the other threads on this error, it doesn't seem to be related to what type of Mac is used.
has any progress been made on fixing this? i am only using 16 out of 32 voices on this session. there is not even a need for virtual tracks. the error explaination doesn't make sense.
Old 07-21-2002, 07:52 PM

I am having the same issue. Only when playing back from the beginning of the song. I was able to fix it once though. It turned out to be my REQ6's automation on one of 37 tracks was corrupt or something. I don't know how I narrowed it down to that, but as soon as I removed the EQ and re-did ALL THE AUTOMATION on that track (which was a pain the ass) it worked fine. NOW, I am running into the same problem at a different point in the song. But again, it's consistant in stopping. During playback and BTD. Like was mentioned, I can play through this spot by starting at some point close... but if I try to play from the beginning, Nope... doesn't work. Then my DAE locks up, followed by ProTools and then my Mac Freezes. This error is a bitch and I think I have lost half my hair dealing with it. How am I supposed to finalize this mix?
I do also have Bomb Factory Plugs which have given me trouble in the past. They sound good, but not good enough to screw up my session, IF those are problem.

I have thinned all automation, DAE has like 400MB of RAM allocated to it -- 60MB to ProTools. I doubt it's my system.

I have a 933 G4 with 768MB of RAM and a MixPlus with an additional vintage farm.

I have gone through every automation point at and around the area where it stops and manually thinned. This session is extremely plug-in intensive and does have VERY dense edits across all tracks at a 64th note level. But the thing is... it's stopping at a very NON busy section. I'm gonna cry! It's a good thing I love my mac... I very near threw it out the window.

HELP!

Nick [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Sound Design/VO
http://noisefreak.com
Old 07-21-2002, 08:21 PM

I had this same error last week
I had used strip silence on 3 drum tracks
then batched all regions w/ fades
on play back I had that message about 3/4 into the song.
DAE couldn't keep up w/all the edits.
I duplicated (all regions in track into one file consolodate does same thing)

This cured it for me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2002, 10:04 PM

We had a similar problem on a client's session a couple of days ago.
The bounce handler could not keep up and stopped.
HD3, PT 5.3.1, ATTO.

We narrowed it down to a simple change in the settings: lowering the max. cpu usage to about 60% took care of the problem.
It seems when using RTAS, too high a cpu usage will affect the bounce handler.
Try it.

Cheers
Arthur