Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2020, 08:58 PM

Default Best current "Advanced Tutorial" for PT 2020

Don't get me wrong, I've been exclusively using Pro Tools since 2013 and know it very well.....for what I use it for; which happens to be very "in the box" based midi production. I produce Midi Tracks, do sound designs in my synths, bounce to audio, mix. Done. I very seldom really go 'under the hood' and look at Pro Tools from an engineers perspective. I rarely monitor CPU usage, which cores are being utilized, access the I/O, do ANYTHING hardware based, etc...

I'm interested in getting out of my comfort zone, which is basic production and mixing, and really getting to know the DAW inside and out. Because well, I don't know what I don't know - and anything extra can help. And not to mention now that I'm building a PC specifically for Pro Tools it would be nice to know how to really tweak it to my CPUs cores, etc..

So, what is the most up to date Tutorial series on advanced Pro Tools 2020 use that has good reliable information that will give me a 'brush up' on everything but more importantly, really go in depth on the inner workings of Pro Tools?