Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2019, 09:16 AM

Default Pro Tools Ultimate won't load past cloud auth with iLok

Is anyone else experiencing this? I had a system issue that forced me to do a full restart. When I tried relaunching Pro Tools it opened to a window that says "Quit" or "Activate" for a cloud authorization. Quit = no Pro Tools, Authoize = my Avid license account login. If I log in but then select not to launch with a cloud authorization I am prompted to Select a license to activate. The window tells me "If I have an iLok USB with a license activates on it, please plug it in now."

The thing is, my iLok3 is plugged in and I can see it from iLok manager. My only option is to quit. My iLok lives on a hub iwht another USB thumb drive for non-iLok auths. that the rthumb drive is visible with no problems. If I move the iLok to another location nothing changes. Suggestions anyone? I've trashed prefs and restarted. Only other thing I can think to try is moving my licenses to a spare iLok3. I would assume this iLok has an issue but iLok can access it fine and it just completed a sync without an issue.

Im running. Mac OS 10.13.6 with PT Ultimate 2018.12
Luker[at]acaciarecording[dot]com
Studio 301-703-0035
Old 04-10-2019, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate won't load past cloud auth with iLok

What exact licenses show up on the iLok?

Generic advice: I would try upgrading/reinstalling ILM, unplug everything you can and try the iLok 3 directly connected to the computer. Then try moving to another iLok.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Ultimate won't load past cloud auth with iLok

All the auths that should be on the iLok show in iLok Manager... It syncs fine. Connected it to another port on the Mac. I reinstalled iLok Manager... still no dice.

Just moved my Avid auths to a fresh gen 3 key and Pro Tools launched fine. PT started prompting me for authorizations for all the plugs still on the original key. The old key lights up blue. Assuming it has a failure so I'm moving over the remaining auths and opening an RMA with iLok since this original key was under TLC... Glad I had an extra key available!
Luker[at]acaciarecording[dot]com
Studio 301-703-0035