Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-03-2003, 09:37 AM

Default Digital Monitoring with 002: not possible???

Hola. I have Air6 monitors, from Dynaudio, which have digital IN's. I'd like to use them for monitoring during tracking AND mixing. Naturally, during tracking, the headphone output on the 002 has to be working simultaneously with the monitors. As far as I can tell, this is not acheivable with the "no mirroring" functionality of the 002.

My three questions are:

1) is this correct?
2) if so, is there any plan to implement some sort of mirroring once again?
3) is there some sort of workaround that I haven't thought of?

Yes, I can monitor using the analog outs, but the Dynaudios have sweet sounding DA converters, thus they sound way better when I go in digital. Consequently, I end up having to re-route I/O in between tracking and mixing, for every tune.

Thanks for any input and advice!
Old 07-03-2003, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Digital Monitoring with 002: not possible???

Thanks, Rail. It works like a charm.

Just to summarize for others, to monitor digital and analog outputs simultaneously with the 002:

Assign all outputs destined for the main stereo pair to an AUX bus, not a Master Fader (like 15&16). Then, assign the AUX to two outputs, one of which is your main stereo pair (usually 1&2), the other the spdif outputs (usually 17&18). Do this by holding down the control key (MAC) while selecting the second destination from the output destination list.

Now, leave the Master at unity gain (at zero) and the AUX becomes your new master fader.

If you are monitoring all sessions digitally, as I am, you may want to set up a template so all sessions have the proper I/O and track/aux routing ready to go.

Thanks again Rail.

Opus
Old 07-04-2003, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Digital Monitoring with 002: not possible???

Read this thread.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••