Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2020, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Has anyone ever been able Native Core TB on windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedbeansrecord View Post
Thanks-- I'm not sure how to install a driver "within" the BIOS.
My motherboard allows me to install its drivers from a USB stick in a designated USB port. Check Gigabyte's support section for instructions. Not sure if you can do it from within Windows, so I'm not sure what Gigabyte drivers you've installed. Someone more Gigabyte/computer savvy than me will hopefully chime in.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 03-22-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedbeansrecord View Post
I have a Gigabyte x299x Designare 10G motherboard machine that i just built. i9 10940x cpu. I am trying to get the thunderbolt HD Native to be recognized, but to no avail. How do I adjust the BIOS for this? I downloaded the TB driver listed on the Gigabyte site, but no change.

I knew the change from an OLD Mac Pro to Windows 10 was going to be difficult!
If you are running the newest build of Windows (1909) you need to install not the newest TB driver on the support section of the MB, but the one before it, and then run the newest as its just an update. No fancy trickier, just download and run the installer. Then you have to launch the thunderbolt utility/security. Just search Thunderbolt within Windows. Be sure to have your interface plugged in, drivers installed, and turned on. There may be 2 of the Thunderbolt utilities present, but when you hit the newest one, you should see your interface, and then select "always allow" on the right.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 03-22-2020, 05:41 PM

ASUS X99 Deluxe rev 1 + 5820k. Could not get ASUS TB3 PCIE card to work in any slot. Sent back card and ordered Gigabyte Alpine Ridge TB3 card. With my MB and CPU slot 1 has the most PCIE lanes, and was the only slot that the Alpine Ridge would work. Apollo X Quad over TB3 now works like a charm.
Old 03-25-2020, 07:38 PM

Update: After making sure that the latest BIOS TB driver was installed, still no bananas. Then I found the TB settings in the BIOS and started mucking around with different choices. By disabling the TB "Security", voila! The TB Native HD unit is finally recognized in Device Mangager and in Pro Tools...

...But, PT crashes a ton. Almost every time I try to scan for ethernet controllers (I use a C|24) it crashes. All of my hardware drivers in Device Manager have been updated to the latest available.

Next up: I'll throw all of my plugins into the unused folder and add one at a time, starting with the ones I use the most.